COBRA Rugby Updates (27.5.2025)

Ray

May 27, 2024, 7:01:54 AMMay 27
to cobrarugby, Darryll Sinnappa
Dear COBRAs

BLACKS & STINGERS
KRS League: Week 2 Results

Mixed results over the weekend for the men's teams.
Div 1 : Blacks 12 vs 22 Blackhawk
Div 2 : Stingers 30 vs 00 OPA

After 2 games, we currently are 3rd (Blacks) and 1st (Stingers) respectively.

Upcoming Matches

Including COBRA, there are 6 teams in Div 1 and 6 teams in Div 2. Thus, both teams have 3 games remaining to play.

image.png

COBRATS
The 'COBRATS family' can be found every Sunday at Padang Utara from 3pm onwards.  You can find the Under-6 age group all the way to the Under-15/16-age groups on the field.

The coaches and their respective age group are pretty active and can be seen participating in friendlies / triangulars / quadrangulars. Will update here when I can get more info of any of their games. Who knows, you or your friend's kids/nephews/nieces may be interested in joining us.

I believe we have some vastly passionate and experienced coaches in the COBRATS. Take for example Azeem Shabazz Eugen Ong aka Cullen. Coach of Under-14s, and as long as I've known him, one with a never-say-die, always-on-the-mark guy with passion for COBRA (and rugby) running through his veins.

Here, Eugen with 'pre-try' Keng Meng (circa 2007) at the UM grounds.

image.png

VENOM
Only trainings at the moment for the ladies, and it continues to be held on our traditional days of Tuesdays and Fridays under the watchful eyes of the Malaysian Women 7s Coach, Faiz Shamsukhidir.

That's it for now. Lastly, for my Sabahan and Sarawakian COBRA brothers back home, Aramaitiiii!!!

Kotobian Tadau Tagazo Do Kaamatan and Gayu Guru Gerai Nyamai. Be safe, and drive safe fellas.

Regards
Ray