Oct '23 updates and the COBRA 10s weekend

darryll....@gmail.com

Nov 6, 2023, 4:09:07 AM11/6/23
to cobra...@googlegroups.com, cobra...@googlegroups.com

Dear members and friends,

Key highlights from October.

Junior rugby –   There were a few tournaments participated by some age groups. All of which were in Melaka. The National Junior Touch Championships by our Girls touch U12 at SKBR Field. And the Akram MMU Rugger District 10s by our Boys U13 held at the Padang Politeknik Merlimau, Melaka. Our U13 boys came in Cup Runners up losing very marginally to Tunku Jaafar Seremban. 10-12.

The last weekend of the month we had our U7 and U12 participating at the TM2 Super 8 Rugby Carnival 2023 in Melaka whereby U7 came in Cup Winners beating KL Tigers 24-15 whilst our Boys U12 came in Cup Runners up against Bilal Troopers (5-7). Kudos to all coaches and administrators of the various teams for making COBRA proud.

Ladies Rugby - COBRA Venom participated in the RSC October 10s. Proud to note that our ladies squad participated with the development team and came in Cup Runners up losing to RSC Dingoes in the finals. (0-10)

Club B&R and the RWC 2023 – What a month it was with every weekend having the biggest games of the world stage. SideLine kept the operations going for all games played and the Cup Finals was an epic night/morning at COBRA. We had a full house at 3 am and what a final it was. Well done Springboks and salutations to their grassroots rugby development efforts,  producing players of this caliber across the whole spectrum of their population today. From 1995 to 2023 to see the transformation of their team representation. And what about the bomb squad strategy by Jacques Ninebar and Rassie Erasmus !

COBRA 10s – As we revel in the rugby fever of the World Cup, let’s now look forward to the biggest rugby tourney in Malaysia. The 50th COBRA 10s International 2023 happening this weekend 11/12 November at our very own Astaka grounds.  Teams from New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, Fiji, Papua New Guinea are all touching down in KL this week. We are now 5 days away from kick off and I will share with us editions of every decade from the 90s of the C10s in the next few days to observe our first steps from the 90s eras when we levelled up to an international level tournament and to celebrate our 50th edition following a freeze of a few years due to the Covid pandemic.

Cheers,

Darryll

1995_10s.pdf

Darryll Sinnappa

Nov 7, 2023, 8:00:57 AM11/7/23
to cobra...@googlegroups.com, cobra...@googlegroups.com
Dear members and friends,

We had the 50th edition C10s Press Conference event today at oyr club. It was a very well attended media event with Tan Sri Krishnan Tan as our special guest of honour.

It went very positively with all our main sponsors present in force.

Our internationl teams have started to arrive, and some have begun their acclimatization trainings on the grounds.

Looking forward to seeing as many of you over this weekend in COBRA and the games will be held in our own ASTAKA grounds.

As mentioned, I will now attach the magazine from the ‘00 decade - year 2005 for our reading pleasure.

Cheers,

Darryll

2005_10s-Compressed.pdf

JOSEPH GOMEZ

Nov 7, 2023, 10:03:21 AM11/7/23
to cobra...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Darryll. Good job on the press conference. Will there be any approved promotions along the roads in PJ. This will attract more people to Cobra club. Sorry for asking.

All the Best.

Joseph Gomez

Executive Director

logo ser (2)

Servicom Medical S/B.

A2-20, PJIP

No 3, Jalan Kemajuan, Section 13

46200 Petaling Jaya,

Selangor, MALAYSIA

Mobile: +6012 6307978

LinkedIn

Disclaimer:

This message may contain confidential and privileged information meant only for its intended recipients(s).  If you are not the , or among the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution, printing or copying of this message or any part thereof is strictly probibited. Please delete the entire message and inform the sender of the error. Any opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that are unrelated to official business of the Servicom Group should not be understood given or endorsed by Servicom Group.

--
COBRA RUGBY - Passion For Rugby
---

image001.jpg

Darryll Sinnappa

Nov 7, 2023, 7:19:51 PM11/7/23
to cobra...@googlegroups.com
Hi Joseph,

Thank you as always for your interest.
We are doing the best effort marketing and promotions we can from the budget and monies raised for the tournament.

We could certainly do more especially on the digital media fronts of tik tok, facebook, IG, youtube, and all other digital media highways today.

We will be more than happy to receive any more funding and sponsorship support from you or anyone else who can assist in contributions for this tournament to be able to do more last mile marketing too.

Looking forward to seeing you this weekend.

Cheers,
Darryll

Sent from Outlook for Android

Dec 5, 2023, 9:19:01 AM12/5/23
to cobra...@googlegroups.com, cobra...@googlegroups.com

Dear members and friends,

Key highlights from November.

Junior rugby –   Most of our teams across most age groups had numerous friendlies and extra trainings in preparation for the upcoming MBPJ COBRA 10s MINI (junior tournament). Our Under 13s participated in the St John Institution MINI Carnival Rugby 2023 on the 18th and 19th of November and came in as Plate Champions. The COBRA 10s MINI will be held on the 9th of December at the Astaka grounds. There are over 90 teams participating from ages 6 to 16 and Girls Touch 12 and 17.

COBRA 10s –The 50th COBRA 10s International 2023 held on the 11/12 of November at the Astaka grounds turned out to be a resounding success. 9 teams from New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, Fiji, Papua New Guinea and Malaysia were in town whilst we also had the Women’s competition with 4 teams from Singapore and Malaysia. This was the celebration of our 50th edition of the C10s. COBRA turned out champions in both the Men’s and Women’s categories. COBRA Select with a few COBRA boys and with Mike Rogers Academy boys from NZ played a final to remember beating Daveta from Fiji 19-0 in the finals. The heavens were kind to us the entire weekend and the 30-minute rain before the finals also favored our COBRA Kiwi boys who turned the wet grounds to their advantage against the open running Fijians who has just won the SCC 7s the weekend before.

We were also fortunate to have Hon Minister YB Hannah Yeoh also swing by and spend time with us in the afternoon, handing over a mock cheque, and giving away prizes to COBRA VENOM after the witnessing the Women’s final.

Special note of thanks for the Organising Committee led by Col Tommy Pereira as Organising Chairman and to all the members who worked tirelessly during the C10s weekend and throughout the course of the months before. COBRA salutes you all.

Also not forgetting our sponsors – Ministry of Youth And Sports, IJM, Sideline, Malaysia Airlines, West Coast Expressway, Newfields, Peri Formwork and DMIA without whom we would have not been able to host such an epic event.

B&R – As of 1st December, all members who have paid subscriptions up to date and are fully registered with the club are entitled to 10% discount at food items listed in Sideline menu. Please take note that the discount doesn’t apply to promotional set meals and drinks. Beers are already being sold at the best prices ever today.

Cheers,

Darryll

darryll....@gmail.com

Dec 5, 2023, 9:50:32 AM12/5/23
to cobra...@googlegroups.com, cobra...@googlegroups.com

Dear all,

Another key update that I missed.

Junior Rugby - Our Under 12s travelled across to Kota Kinabalu for the Komodo 7s International XRugby in KK, Sabah on the 25/26th of November. And the boys had a brilliant feast of rugby with 27 teams participating.

Proud to note that our boys came in 3rd in the Cup competition. Only loosing by 1 point in semifinals against Sandakan Army Warriors and for the 3rd place beating Kebulu Fighters from Keningau.

Kudos to all the coaches and to Head Coach Jibreet for managing the team for a travel to KK and coming in with such fantastic results.

Cheers,

Darryll

Subject: Nov '23 updates

JOSEPH GOMEZ

Dec 5, 2023, 10:25:28 AM12/5/23
to cobra...@googlegroups.com

Thank you for the good news and efforts are highly appreciated. Noted minister’s visit for our activities. Well done. She is just extra ordinary and we are blessed.

Joseph Gomez