August Highlights !

darryll....@gmail.com

Sep 12, 2022, 1:55:35 AM9/12/22
to cobra...@googlegroups.com, cobra...@googlegroups.com

Dear members and friends,

Greetings from us at the EXCO,

Highlights for August !

  1. Men’s Senior team – COBRA BLACKS had 1 friendly only for the month and it was against arch rivals – RSC at their Kiara grounds. COBRA won 22-17 in what was a very physical and closely contested game. COBRA were down 17-0 but came back in the second half guns blazing to win 22-17. Kudos to Coach Niko for now having established a very solid team of youngsters showing great promise for the years ahead.

The senior team also at this point is struggling without any sponsors + plus Covid impact of significantly discounted rents from our partners has resulted in this year being an extremely tough year for the Men’s and Ladies teams. We have been unable to participate in numerous tournaments due to lack of funds too sadly. We would like to appeal to all members and friends here to connect us to any potential sponsor for engagement. Only through funding we will be able to keep our solid team formed today through the course of time for greater successes in the years ahead.

  1. Our Juniors U14 had a triangular friendly tournaments and came out tops. Kudos to the team. Junior rugby in COBRA is demonstrating not only a surge in numbers but also now performing as the top team in many age groups. We do need many more volunteer coaches/parents to come join in on Sunday. The future of COBRA is in the continuous success and growth of COBRATS.

  1. COBRA B&R continued showcasing the Championships games on weekends and we hope to see more members bring along friends to join in the spectacle of the tourney in our rugby club.

  1. The Sports Complex continues to be the chosen sports centralized venue for many of KRS centralized programmes and this month the SUKMA Selangor team are with us.

For the month of September, the following schedule will be observed by our teams.

10th Sep

  • U7, U8, U9, U10, U11, U12, U14, U16 and Girls touch U12 & U16 Triangular series 2 – Putra Jaya Alamanda Rugby Pitch (full day)

17th Sep

  • Friendly Triangular Seniors, (COBRA BLACKS, Poly S'pore & KL Tigers)
  • Friendly U16 – COBRATS vs MBSA Rugby Dev ( 9 am)

24th Sep

  • HIGHLAND GAMES@ Kiara Equestrian Club – Junior Rugby all ages

All Sep

  • SUKMA games training

Cheers,

Darryll

darryll....@gmail.com

Sep 12, 2022, 11:23:36 PM9/12/22
to cobra...@googlegroups.com, cobra...@googlegroups.com

Dear members and friends,

It is with great pride and pleasure I wish to announce that one of our overseas friends who just wants to be known as “a Mat Saleh, and that they had a hugely positive impact on his experiences while living in KL from COBRA” has committed to sponsor RM 5000 every month for COBRA Men’s Seniors for the year and has said he will see what more he can do next year.

To our dearest overseas COBRA legend and a brilliant scrum half as remembered by many of us, from all of us in COBRA our deepest appreciation and gratitude mate. This will help us participate in some tournaments/games for the year.

Please do send me personally your mailing address. COBRA will dispatch some of our latest merchandise as a token of our appreciation to you.

Cheers,

Darryll

--
COBRA RUGBY - Passion For Rugby
---

to...@rqnet.com.my

Sep 13, 2022, 3:04:15 AM9/13/22
to cobra...@googlegroups.com, cobra...@googlegroups.com

Mr President,

It is really great to hear that there are many who remember their time with COBRA and, when able, are forthcoming with their support; in this case in a very generous manner.

Thank you very much  “a Mat Salleh”.

Regards

Tommy

Boon Hoon Chee

Sep 16, 2022, 2:16:10 AM9/16/22
to cobra...@googlegroups.com
Another ‘feel good’ news - after the God sent mysterious ‘Mat Salleh scrumhalf’, who made a very generous contribution to the Team. In my 46 years with CRC, I have seen so many generous members making personal contributions to the Club/Team but surely not in this manner…not in this quantum! Cheers mate, whoever you are…wherever you are😃🙏.

Yesterday, a group of 6 Aussie gentlemen called to enquire whether we were showing the Bledisloe Cup 1 game. They are all staying at the Hilton KL - attending a Company’s seminar.

As usual, we showered them with our renown Cobra RC hospitality. They all had a great time, enjoying our chilled Carlsberg beers & our local food especially our mutton varuval.

After the game, they wanted to know more about our Club. I shared with them a brief history of our Club and our Teams. They bought some club merchandise, took some photos etc. Just before they left, they called me over and said that they would like to make a small contribution to the Club. I introduced Nik, (Team Coach) and Dugro, who were there watching the game, to receive their contribution on behalf of the Club.

Gee! that was very nice of them. Good things are coming our way!

Cheers mates
Boon

Sent from my iPhone

Tan Boon Seng@ Krishnan

Sep 16, 2022, 2:33:19 AM9/16/22
to cobra...@googlegroups.com
Well done, Boon. Keep up the fantastic job.
KT

On 16 Sep 2022, at 2:16 PM, Boon Hoon Chee <bhc...@gmail.com> wrote:

Another ‘feel good’ news - after the God sent mysterious ‘Mat Salleh scrumhalf’, who made a very generous contribution to the Team. In my 46 years with CRC, I have seen so many generous members making personal contributions to the Club/Team but surely not in this manner…not in this quantum! Cheers mate, whoever you are…wherever you are😃🙏.

to...@rqnet.com.my

Sep 16, 2022, 2:44:03 AM9/16/22
to cobra...@googlegroups.com

Boon,

Great to hear this excellent news.

It is testimony of the fact that all segments of the club are intertwined and interdependent.

Really glad your recent initiatives with the B&R are proving a business success which in turn means more positive publicity for “COBRA”

Thank you very much from all of us.

“Passion For COBRA”

Boon Hoon Chee

Sep 16, 2022, 3:39:45 AM9/16/22
to cobra...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mr. Former Club Presidents, we are in this together, during the good and bad times, irrespective of our different styles or difference in opinion or choices.

"I declare before you all that my whole life whether it be long or short shall be devoted to your service." Queen Elizabeth II RIP 🙏

Cheers
Boon

Sent from my iPhone

JOSEPH GOMEZ

Sep 16, 2022, 10:23:49 AM9/16/22
to cobra...@googlegroups.com

Thank you to those involved. Such a great sharing.

God Bless & enjoy the weekend.

Joseph Gomez

Executive Director

logo ser (2)

Servicom Medical S/B.

A2-20, PJIP

No 3, Jalan Kemajuan, Section 13

46200 Petaling Jaya,

Selangor, MALAYSIA

Tel : +603 7932 3778

www.servicommed.com

Disclaimer:

This message may contain confidential and privileged information meant only for its intended recipients(s).  If you are not the , or among the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution, printing or copying of this message or any part thereof is strictly probibited. Please delete the entire message and inform the sender of the error. Any opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that are unrelated to official business of the Servicom Group should not be understood given or endorsed by Servicom Group.

[...]

2.       Our Juniors U14 had a triangular friendly tournaments and came out tops. Kudos to the team. Junior rugby in COBRA is demonstrating not only a surge in numbers but also now performing as the top team in many age groups. We do need many more volunteer coaches/parents to come join in on Sunday. The future of COBRA is in the continuous success and growth of COBRATS.

3.       COBRA B&R continued showcasing the Championships games on weekends and we hope to see more members bring along friends to join in the spectacle of the tourney in our rugby club.

4.       The Sports Complex continues to be the chosen sports centralized venue for many of KRS centralized programmes and this month the SUKMA Selangor team are with us.

image001.jpg

darryll....@gmail.com

Oct 10, 2022, 5:38:50 AM10/10/22
to cobra...@googlegroups.com, cobra...@googlegroups.com

Dear members and friends,

Greetings from us at the EXCO,

Highlights for September !

  1. Men’s Senior team – COBRA BLACKS had the Tri Series with MPK and KL Tigers, the matches were closely contested but against 2 very strong teams, sadly we lost the matches. Cobra 7 v 20 KLT. Cobra 7 v 12 MPK.  With more experience, I believe the team could have easily won these games. Our young team had garnered valuable experience from these games.

  1. COBRA Juniors had a great month with numerous tournaments/games/activities – the TriSeries with KL Saracens and Tigers saw many of our teams come out top in the series. Ages 6 to 16.  COBRATS Under 16s completely outplayed the friendly against Shah Alam Rugby Development winning all games. Under 13s had team building training in PD and COBRA U14s had games against VI, St Johns, SMK Seri Bintang Utara and Semashur where they came out tops.

And the month of September was also the special month with Highland Games held in Kiara Equestrian Club. Probably the first big tournament of the year since rugby opened up. A total of 54 teams took part in the Games Carnival. COBRATS was represented by 14 teams across the age groups from Under 6 to Under 16 and Girls Touch U12 & U15.

COBRATS - Cup Champions: Under 8, Under 11 and Under 13

COBRATS – Cup Runners Up:  Under 6, Under 10, Under 14 and Girls Touch Under 15

We had U16 winning the Plate and U12s Plate Runners Up

              All in all a brilliant month of rugby for our Junior Section.

  1. The Sports Complex with RMG have been busy as always KRS centralized programmes and SUKMA Selangor team

  1. COBRA B&Rs Outsourced entity CRCSB is gearing towards a change in ownership by year end. COBRA RUGBY CLUB S/B after 5 years is now planned to be transferred back to COBRA Rugby Club. This is a wonderful gesture of goodwill by Mr Boon who came and volunteered to resurrect the B&R 5 years ago when there was a crisis in operations. He and his team successfully turned around the B&R and even navigated through the very difficult period of COVID. It is decided now that the time has come for the Club to charter a new path. There are requirements for breakfast lunch and dinner services as well as exclusive F&B arrangements for the whole COBRA complex moving forward.

The EXCO have decided that we will take over CRCSB with a transition plan with Mr Boon and also with him overseeing the general management of the operations following that. In parallel we will also issue an RFP out to all members and friends interested in placing a proposal for a potential outsourced operation.

              We have today a fantastic junior programme drawing in loads of youth, families and children. A need to focus on this segment has become imperative.

The RFP will be issued by the House Captain by 15th of October and a 2 months period for a deadline for submission will be issued. The current EXCO will study all proposals that come in and we can proudly note that the current sitting Exco has no members who are conflicted in any way too.  Following 4 months of taking over CRCSB from January 2023, there will be an AGM in April next year. The assessment of the RFPs compared to also running CRCSB by the Club Exco itself will be studied and assessed and recommendations will be placed for the Newly elected EXCO mandated from 2023-2025 to decide on the way forward for the club then.

The primary objective of the evaluation of proposals will be based on the best interest of members and players as well as investments and infrastructure improvement plans.

Cheers,

Darryll

darryll....@gmail.com

Jan 1, 2023, 5:30:10 AM1/1/23
to cobra...@googlegroups.com, cobra...@googlegroups.com

Dear members and friends,

Wishing all of you a very special Happy New Year with all the COBRA courage, passion, ambition, resilience, humility and kindness for the year !

A few key special highlights from the last couple of months for COBRA

  1. Men’s Senior team – Many of our players were involved in the Agong’s Cup playing for numerous states and the season was from Oct to December 2022.

  1. Ladies Senior team – Venom internal 10s was held in October and the ladies were training and mainly winding down the season in December

  1. COBRA Juniors had an amazing last quarter of the year with various tournaments participated by different age groups across the 3 months. The year came to a spectacular end with us jointly organizing the MBPJ COBRA 10s Mini at the Astaka on the 3rd of December. All age groups were represented and it also marked the best performances by COBRATS across the board with sterling performances by most age groups and the pièce de resistance was with COBRA Under 16 team winning the CUP in a classic finale to the tourney.  The tournament marked the first time a historic joint teamwork between juniors and seniors in the organization of the event and in collaboration with MBPJ. We were also very fortunate to have YB Lee Cheang Chung grace us for the final event and give away prizes.

  1. The Sports Complex with RMG have as usual been very busy with MR activities. And we hope that they continue to be successful in their endeavours. We will be starting to negotiate with them for the extension of their contract in 2023 and we hope further win win partnership arrangements can be achieved.

  1. COBRA B&Rs have had a good continuous period in the last quarter with numerous festivities and the Football World Cup. They have also been working closely with our House Captain and the Exco in working on the transition of CRCSB ownership to COBRA again.

The EXCO also in the meantime received 1 full submission to the RFP issued for the interest in Bar and Restaurant operations as well as 2 other proposals for just restaurant services.  As elaborated before, the EXCO will be analysing the proposals in detail and also for the next few months from January till April access the management of CRCSB and will determine what will be the best move forward for the operations of the B&R.

We certainly want to see the income generated from our B&R to be re-invested into our Rugby and COBRA interest primarily. And that will be our primary driver for all recommendations and decisions that will be taken.

Brief summary of 2022 highlights for the year for COBRA and what our focus for 2023 will be

Major highlights for 2022 for COBRA:-

  1. Restarting rugby and senior rugby team rebuilding
  2. Womens rugby continuous growth and COBRA Venoms leadership in rugby
  3. Junior rugby and Cobrats restarting and significant growth and successes of all teams. A turbo charged year for COBRATS
  4. Complex fully active with SRU and MRU programmes as well as gym being operationalized fully with RMG operating the complex
  5. New Thai kitchen introduced for dinner on Fridays/Saturday and Sundays

Things to look forward to in January and for the year 2023

  1. Senior rugby mens’ and womens’ trainings restart and new season focus
  2. Junior rugby COBRATS awards day and restarting new calender year
  3. Starting COBRA U18 – the academy plan.
  4. Lunch services to be kicked off in COBRA within the next couple of weeks !!
  5. 50th anniversary COBRA 10s mega-10s year !  (11/12 November)

Once again, wishing all COBRA family and friends, a Very Happy New Year 2023

Cheers,

Darryll

to...@rqnet.com.my

Jan 1, 2023, 6:43:15 AM1/1/23
to cobra...@googlegroups.com, cobra...@googlegroups.com

Dear Mr President,

Congratulations to the Exco, under your leadership, and all those who have contributed in one manner or another to ensure COBRA moved out of the pandemic effectively.

We look forward to more news of COBRA continuing to blaze a trail of glory in the rugby and sporting world.

Thank you

Regards

Tommy

--

COBRA RUGBY - Passion For Rugby
---

JOSEPH GOMEZ

Jan 1, 2023, 6:53:35 AM1/1/23
to cobra...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Darryll and the team for the efforts. Happy New year.

1)     I have proposed for our some senior Cobra friends to visit our Youth & Sports minister . We are doing a very good job in this area for rugby and with some additional support, we can move rugby to the next level. This minister has visited the Junior Soccer Development Program ( JSDP) at the Royal Selangor club at Bukit Kiara. She came to the club to watch the activity.

Please do consider.

Take care

Joseph Gomez

Jan 1, 2023, 8:15:03 AM1/1/23
to cobra...@googlegroups.com, cobra...@googlegroups.com
Good to read the update and Happy New Year from a wet Wales!

Blwyddyn Newydd Dda!

Jeff and Jill

darryll....@gmail.com

Jan 2, 2024, 1:48:24 AMJan 2
to cobra...@googlegroups.com, cobra...@googlegroups.com

Dear members and friends,

Wishing all of you a very special Happy New Year with the legacy COBRA spirit surging into the year 2024 !

A few highlights of last month for COBRA

  1. Men’s Senior team & Ladies Senior team – Just off-season weekly training in preparation for 2024 season

  1. COBRA Juniors had an amazing December with our very own COBRA 10s Mini held at Astaka on the 8th of December. 4 of our teams emerged being Gold Medal winners – U6, U7, U9 and Girls Touch U17. We also had numerous silver and bronze medal finishers. All age groups were represented and many with 2 teams even.  Our U12 took part in Penang X Rugby 10s on the 23rdand 24th of December at University Sains Malaysia grounds. Our boys did us proud by making it to the finals and coming in runners up against Japan Elite (Fujita Academy Japan) who took the Cup.

Once again kudos to all COBRA coaches and administrators involved for their unwavering commitment and efforts in nurturing our team’s week in week out throughout the year purely with passion and love for rugby and for club being the only driving force. An amazing demonstration of volunteerism hard to come by currently today.

Summary of 2023 highlights for the year for COBRA and what our focus for 2024 will be:-

Major highlights for 2023 for COBRA:-

  1. Refurbishment, renovations, and a new partner for the B&R – SIDELINE. Our new partners have transformed our clubhouse - setting up with state-of-the-art AV systems, doubling dining space and making our clubhouse one of the best sports bar venues in Klang Valley today.
  2. COBRA 10s 50th Edition . After a 4-year absence,  the most elite rugby tournament in Malaysia, organized and hosted by us at Astaka ground, with teams from SA, NZ, Australia, Fiji,  PNG, Malaysia, and Singapore participating. Amazingly proud show by all involved in the organization.
  3. COBRA 10s Mini.  Over 80 teams event successfully run in our Astaka grounds and our most successful performance show by 4 age groups coming in with Gold.
  4. Ministry of Youth and Sports becoming largest sponsor to COBRA with the award of the Geran Padanan Sukan (matching sports grant) for the C10s International and C10s Mini.  YB Hannah Yeoh had personally shown interest in COBRAs Rugby Development activities which has a strong focus on diversity, rugby for all ages and for all Malaysians, and she has been a sound partner and friend of COBRA Rugby Club. Another new anchor partner for COBRA 10s has been SIDELINE whilst our legacy partner IJM have continued to be the beacon of light as an anchor sponsor for us.

Things to look forward to in January and for the year 2024

  1. Senior rugby mens’ and womens’ trainings restart and new season focus.
  2. Junior rugby COBRATS restarting new calendar year – 14th January.
  3. Kicking off COBRA U18/U20 – academy plan jointly with Coach Dugro
  4. Restarting COBRA Stingers (development squad)
  5. Awards day and NY/CNY celebrations in one
  6. 51st COBRA 10s- the next 50 years chapter

Once again, wishing all COBRA family and friends, a Very Happy New Year 2024

Cheers,

Darryll

JOSEPH GOMEZ

Jan 2, 2024, 2:22:21 AMJan 2
to cobra...@googlegroups.com

Happy New year to all. Thank you for the regular updates.

Best wishes.

Joseph Gomez

Sent: Tuesday, January 2, 2024 2:48 PM
To: cobra...@googlegroups.com; cobra...@googlegroups.com

--

COBRA RUGBY - Passion For Rugby
---

darryll....@gmail.com

Feb 10, 2024, 2:56:56 AMFeb 10
to cobra...@googlegroups.com, cobra...@googlegroups.com

Dear members and friends,

Wishing all celebrating a very Happy Lunar New Year !  The EXCO would like to take this opportunity to also extend to all members a COBRA Chinese New Year Open House invite on the 25th of February 5 pm – 8 pm.

Kindly lock your calendar in and come join all our players from all ages 6 to 88 in welcoming the Dragon Year to the Home of COBRA.

A few highlights of January for COBRA

  1. Men’s Senior team & Ladies Senior team – Trainings as usual every Tuesdays and Fridays from 5 to 7 pm. We welcome new players interested to join in as we kick off the year with intent to get 2 teams into the KRS leagues. Div 1 and 2.

  1. COBRA Juniors – Trainings for all ages restarted from the 15th of January. Significant numbers in new sign ups for ages 6, 7 and 8 was observed. We are always happy to welcome any one of our old boys and girls keen to get back on to the field and depart knowledge to our little ones as we now grow in numbers. Proud to also note we have today over 60 passionate volunteers coaching over 500 kids every Sunday.

COBRATS U12 took part in Straits Rugby 7s Tournament on the 27th January 2024 @ Marlborough College Malaysia, Johor. We were represented by 2 teams, Blacks and Gold.

Both teams had a good weekend of rugby with COBRATS U12 Gold finishing as Cup Runners Up and COBRATS U12 Black coming in 4th placing competing against some of the best teams in the country. Kudos to Head Coach Rayner and all coaches in the team for this valiant effort right from the start of the year.

Meanwhile on the same day COBRA U12 Girls touch team also participated in the Bukit Lanjan Rugby Championship in Padang Sk Lembah Subang. Proud to note our girls came in Winners of the Shield Final

  1. Organisational matters

Mr Adrian Pereira has decided to step down from his role as VP after a sterling 3 years in office. He had been instrumental in being the Programme Director of our Junior Rugby section during his 3 years as VP.  Work obligations has come in with a vengeance since last year and he has decided to let new blood step in for him.

Our Hon. Secretary Mr. Cherian will be stepping in as Acting VP until our AGM and meanwhile I have co-opted a new Committee Member in. Let me introduce Ms. Nalina Nair who has been with us past 2 years as a COBRA Junior Rugby Coach. On a professional note, she is presently a Councilor of MBPJ.

Once again, wishing all COBRA family and friends, a Very Happy Lunar New Year.

A dragon in a circle with text

Description automatically generated

Cheers,

Darryll

image001.png
image002.png

JOSEPH GOMEZ

Feb 10, 2024, 3:35:37 AMFeb 10
to cobra...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Darryll for the updates.

I would like to wish Adrian all the best. This is a volunteer work and I have full respect for those who do volunteer work.

I would like to welcome  Mr. Cherian and  Ms. Nalina Nair. to the new positions. TQ for taking up the position.

God Bless.

Joseph Gomez

Sent: Saturday, February 10, 2024 3:57 PM
To: cobra...@googlegroups.com; cobra...@googlegroups.com

--

COBRA RUGBY - Passion For Rugby
---

image003.jpg
image004.png

to...@rqnet.com.my

Feb 13, 2024, 2:15:17 AMFeb 13
to cobra...@googlegroups.com, cobra...@googlegroups.com

Kung Xi Fa Cai to all.

Dear Mr President,

Thank you very much for the updates.

Really glad to note that COBRA has kicked off 2024, on a high note. Congratulations.

We wish the EXCO and all volunteers, all the very best as you continue to move COBRA forward on all fronts.

Thanks again.

Regards

Tommy

Feb 13, 2024, 3:42:22 AMFeb 13
to cobra...@googlegroups.com, cobra...@googlegroups.com

Thank you for your kind wishes Col Tommy Sir.

And on that note, we would like to send our invitations once again to all members and family to our Chinese Dragon Year Open House in COBRA Club. If we can get a RSVP confirmation by the 21st of February will be truly appreciated too.

Cheers,

Darryll

image001.png
image002.jpg
image003.png

PYEYEOH

Feb 13, 2024, 3:49:31 AMFeb 13
to cobra...@googlegroups.com
Would love to attend

Prof Dr. Ernest Yeoh
MB.Ch.B (B'ham), FRCS(Ed)
(MMC Full Registration No:1850)
Chief Medical Officer
Asia Assistance Network (M) Sdn Bhd (470560-A)
HP: 012 287 3133

darryll....@gmail.com

Mar 14, 2024, 11:31:56 PMMar 14
to cobra...@googlegroups.com, cobra...@googlegroups.com

Dear members and friends,

As we tread in the blessed month of Ramadhan let’s wish all our Muslim brothers and sisters a month filled with spiritual growth, tranquility, and countless blessings.

A few highlights of February for COBRA:-

  1. Men’s Senior team & Ladies Senior team – Trainings as usual every Tuesdays and Fridays from 5 to 7 pm.  And will be taking a break during Ramadhan month.

  1. Juniors All Age groups had been running extra trainings during the weekdays and weekends along having numerous friendlies and rugby camps in preparations for tournaments in Q1 of 2024.

There were a couple of tourneys in February for various teams and the following results achieved.

  • COBRATS GTU14 took Part in a Mini tourney @ SK Lembah Subang Tournament on the 9th of February at Subang Jaya. Proud to note that our Girls came is as Plate Runners Up
  • We had 2 age group participate in Bangkok International Rugby 10s this year – COBRATS U10 and COBRATS U14
  • Bangkok 10s has made a mark now as one of Southeast Asias premier Rugby Carnival tournaments. It was held on the 17th and 18th February 2024 at the Bangkok Patana Sports Complex. Both our teams had a remarkable tournament competing against teams from Thailand, Singapore and Hong Kong. We can be immensely proud to note that both our teams made it to the CUP Finals.  Our U10 teams became CUP Winners and our U14 team came in CUP Runners up.

A big round of applause to all the coaches in the teams led by Head Coach Frankie for U10 and Head Coach Dillan for U14.

  1. Chinese New Year Party and Awards Night

We held the event on the 25th of February at the Club house. We had over 600 people attending the event. One of the largest gatherings for COBRA to date.  We had a Lion Dance performance welcoming the Dragon Year. We had awards for various categories of excellence for all junior age groups and for adults, a special recognition to COBRA Manager of the year – Ms. Ang Hsin Hsien for all her efforts and initiatives going above and beyond to her team and to the club for the year 2023.

Kudos also to 2 special coaches who became Joint Winners for Coach of the YearFrankie (Romesh Franklin) and Jib (Mohamed Affendy bin Mohamed Jalil) for their teams’ sterling performance for the year 2023 and for their efforts in going for tournaments, raising funds for tours across the country, crossing borders and conducting and running coaching clinics for schools and clubs.

We would also like to give special acknowledgement to Sean Pereira and his team of coaches for having their U6 team of 2023 being the only undefeated team the whole year.

  1. COBRA AGM -   We would also like to advise all members that we will be having our annual AGM in April. We will soon announce the confirmed date and time following closing of all accounts and reports for 2023. Would like to take the opportunity for all members to come attend the AGM. Do update your subscriptions and please join us for a meeting to discuss matters of 2023 and for things to work on for 2024.

Cheers,

Darryll

JOSEPH GOMEZ

Mar 15, 2024, 12:01:41 PMMar 15
to cobra...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Darryll. I should be present for the Cobra AGM. Please do send the required documents for my early reading and raising up some suggestions for 2024. Sorry to ask, Is 1 senior person who is operating “sideline “ attending our AGM  possibly as a guest?.

Thank you to you and the committee for all matters regarding Cobra.

Best wishes.

Joseph Gomez

Sent: Friday, March 15, 2024 11:32 AM
To: cobra...@googlegroups.com; cobra...@googlegroups.com

--

COBRA RUGBY - Passion For Rugby
---

darryll....@gmail.com

Apr 9, 2024, 12:36:49 PMApr 9
to cobra...@googlegroups.com, cobra...@googlegroups.com

Dear members and friends,

As we welcome the month of Syawal, wishing all our Muslim brothers and sisters Eid Mubarak and Selamat Hari Raya to all.

A few highlights of March for COBRA:-

  1. Juniors COBRATS from all age groups participated in KL Tigers 10s International on.

We had the best performances ever by COBRATS in this international event with our U7 and U13 teams making Cup finals and coming in Runners Up. U8 were Bowl Winners, U10 and GT U15 were Plate Finals Winners and U18 were Shield winners. Almost all age groups contested and came in top 4 overall in a tournament featuring teams from South East Asia.

  1. COBRA AGM -   We would also like to advise all members that we will be having our annual AGM on the 27th of April. It will also be members Raya lunch celebrations The formal notice will be shared with all members in the coming days ahead.

Best wishes,

Darryll

image001.png

darryll....@gmail.com

May 9, 2024, 4:23:22 AMMay 9
to cobra...@googlegroups.com, cobra...@googlegroups.com

Dear members and Friends,

Highlights for the month of April -

  1. Men’s Senior

We have now re-established COBRA Stingers as a team with Felix taking the lead as Head Coach/Manager for the unit. The team is mainly comprised of our U21 players and with some experienced old timers joining too. COBRA Stingers will be represented in the Selangor League Div 2 (KRS League Div 2 ) and will form part of COBRA Men’s development unit.

COBRA Blacks also regathered fully under the leadership of Wan Jigon as Head Coach and Niko as Rugby Convenor for the club. On the 27th of April we had the first friendly match between Blacks and Stings in a long, long time. Kudos to all involved in our Men’s Rugby today, giving their time, commitment, and effort and to see the resurgence of COBRA rugby with a sustainable continued feeder programme now.

COBRA Veterans (Legends also had a friendly against KL Tigers Vets on the 27th of April). It was a fiercely contested, back breaking game for a bunch of old men who nonetheless had great fun and were very happy to have the weather call the game short. Results were 7-3 to Tigers Vets coming in victorious this time.

  1. Women’s Senior

Conducted their regular training in the month and had a friendly against KL Tigers Ladies on the 27th of April. The game was a close contest and it ended as a 3-3 draw.

  1. Juniors

Training as usual for COBRATS. A few friendly games at different age categories. Training and extra training was the focus for most age groups as they prepared themselves for mid-year tournaments coming up. The GT U12 and GT U16 had a friendly tournament as Padang Timur on the 27th of April whilst our U16 Boys participated in the FOC Tournament in UPM Serdang on the 28th of April. Our boys lost to Damai Perdana in the Plate Semifinals.  (33-7)

  1. COBRA AGM -   Due to some unavoidable matters for closing of the annual accounts of 2023, we were unable to hold our AGM as planned in April. We have now managed to close off our accounts and have also got the confirmation from the Sports Commission for our new date for the AGM.  It has been rescheduled to be held on the 25th of May at 130 pm. Lunch will be served to all members from 1230 onwards. The formal notice will be shared with all members in the coming days ahead along all reports for the year.

Best wishes,

Darryll

to...@rqnet.com.my

May 9, 2024, 5:38:56 AMMay 9
to cobra...@googlegroups.com, cobra...@googlegroups.com

Mr President,

Thank you very much for another very encouraging report.

Good to note the revival of activities at the senior levels.

We wish COBRA all the best for the remainder of  2024

Thank you to all.

Regards

Tommy

Sent: Thursday, May 9, 2024 4:23 PM
To: cobra...@googlegroups.com; cobra...@googlegroups.com

--

COBRA RUGBY - Passion For Rugby
---

JOSEPH GOMEZ

May 9, 2024, 9:06:52 AMMay 9
to cobra...@googlegroups.com, cobra...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Darryll and Exco

Thank you. I do visit our club often and do comment regularly out of concern and care.

Take care,

Joseph Gomez

Jun 10, 2024, 3:01:21 AMJun 10
to cobra...@googlegroups.com, cobra...@googlegroups.com

Dear members and Friends,

Greetings from EXCO and our Highlights for the month of May, rather big month.

  1. Men’s Senior

Our Men’s team can now proudly stand tall with 2 teams represented. Blacks in KRS Div 1 and Stingers in KRS Div 2.   This is an outcome of COBRA restarting the junior rugby programme in 2013 and with the right formula in place to ensure that it was sustainable. The result of a decade long effort by a team of dedicated men and women of COBRA now assures that every year we have a bunch of young warriors running into Senior Men’s rugby, contesting to get into the First XV.

COBRA is back and we are the only club to field 2 teams in the KRS league in 2024 !

From the 15 ALL BLACKS Principles, No 14 is – Be a Good Ancestor – Plant Trees you will Never See !

And COBRA has done just that !

April and latest results from KRS league matches are as follow:-

Div 1 – COBRA BLACK games

19.5.2024 - COBRA BLACKS vs UITM LIONS (30-26)

25.5.2024 - COBRA BLACKS vs RMAF BLACKHAWK (12-22)

01.06.2024 - COBRA BLACKS vs OLD BOYS (68-5)

08.06.2024 - COBRA BLACKS vs KL TIGERS (13-27)

Div 2 – COBRA STING games

18.5.2024 - COBRA STINGERS vs UPNM SMOOKIES (29-5)

25.5.2024 - COBRA STINGERS vs OPA BLACK SCORPIONS (30-0)

01.06.2024 – COBRA STINGERS vs RHINOZ WARRIORS (5-17)

08.06.2024 – COBRA STINGERS vs SUPARK GRIZZLY (25-25)

We have solid teams in both leagues today, and currently standing 3rd in Div 1 and 2nd in Div 2.  We are looking good to qualify for the semifinals in both divisions.

  1. Women’s Senior

Conducted their regular training in the month in preparation for tournaments.

  1. Juniors

Training as usual for COBRATS. A few friendly games at different age categories. Training and extra training was the focus for number of age groups as other age groups had tournaments they participated in. Notable tournaments:-

    1. Killerbees 7s Tournament – teams participating were U9, U10, U11, U12 and GT U12 held on 03rd and 4th May 2024 @ Rugby Mount Austin Field, Johor. Proud to announce U9 came in as CUP Runners Up, U10 as Plate Runners Up, U11 as Plate Runners Up,  U12 as Bowl Champions and Girls Touch U12 as Plate Runners Up. Congrats to all teams for a great performance in a very competitive tournament here.
    2. Serdang 7s Tournament – teams participating were U10, U12, U13, U14, GT12 and GT16 held on 04th and 5th May 2024 @Universiti Putra Malaysia, Serdang. Proud to announce that U10 came home CUP Champions, U12 Black as Shield Champions, U12 White as Bowl Runners Up, U13 as Plate Champions, U14 as Bowl Champions, GT U14 as Plate Champions GT U16 as Plate Champions. Congrats to all teams and especially to U10s who brought home the CUP !
    3. CB Prince of Rimau Tournament – teams participating were U11 and U12 held on 12th of May@ Padang MBSA Section 7, Shah Alam.
    4. COBRA U14 Development 10s - held on 25th of May 2024@Astaka Field. Proud to announce that U14 Cobrats Black came home Cup Champions. Congrats to both our U14 teams and especially our U14 Blacks who brought home the CUP !

  1. COBRA AGM -   We held our AGM on the 25th of May at 2pm. It was truly remarkable to have over 30 members present with strong show of support from many Past Presidents. The meeting was actively participated by members and good discussions were had. Would like to give a special note of recognition to Mr Sritharan our member of 86 years of age being present. On the same note, we had our newest member YB Lim Yi Wei who is also President of Selangor Rugby today with us. It was truly remarkable to see 50 years of differences between members and the diversity of the club today in full bloom.  The meeting also resolved the appointment of Mr. Cherian as Vice President taking over from Mr. Adrian Pereira who stepped down early this year due to work obligations. Mdm. Nalina Nair was co-opted in as Club Hon Secretary.

Also, we must thank Ray who has so kindly volunteered to do mid-week updates on rugby results and what to expect. As always as volunteers, we appreciate all the support anyone is willing to give us.

Best wishes,

Darryll