Rugby Updates

Ray

May 25, 2024, 9:37:04 AMMay 25
to cobrarugby, Darryll Sinnappa
Dear COBRAs

A little rugby update meant to supplement those who are already in and those not part of the official COBRA Whatsapp group.

This season, COBRA is feilding 2 teams in the KRS (or Selangor) League which kicked off last week, and we started with wins for both teams.

Result Week 1
Div 1 : COBRA Blacks 30 vs 26 UITM Lions
Div 2 : COBRA Stingers 29 vs 05 UPNM

Its amazing to know that the Stingers, a back to back 13-time KRS Division 1 Champion if i recall correctly, have risen from the ashes like a phoenix. The team, a group of 18-year olds, is now led by Coach Felix Too and plays in Division 2 (that actually rhymes pretty well).

Anyways, lets move to the result and schedule for the games this week:

KRS League 2024 : Week 2

Today's match [25/5], COBRA Stingers 30 vs 00 Old Putera Association (OPA).

Tomorrow [26/5], COBRA Blacks vs Blackhawk, 4.30pm at UPNM, Sg Besi.

Visiting Team
Have been reliably informed by Capt Naza that the Merthyr RFC U-21s from Wales are touring. They will be in COBRA tomorrow and am sure a warm welcome by the COBRATS family awaits.

Trainings at Padang Astaka
Tuesdays and Fridays, from 5.30pm. Please pass the word around to anyone who are interested.

I guess that's all for now. Hope to get more rugby updates across particularly the ongoing KRS league, upcoming tournaments and prospective tours.

Regards
Ray

AJ 'Pyro' Lias Mansor

May 25, 2024, 10:30:29 AMMay 25
to cobra...@googlegroups.com
Let's goooooo COBRA !!!

--
COBRA RUGBY - Passion For Rugby
---

Boon Hoon Chee

May 26, 2024, 11:40:25 AMMay 26
to cobra...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ray Rajayah, nice to receive some Club’s rugby news. Thank you for the updates. Keep’em coming. Great to know that we are fielding 2 teams in the KRS League. Kudos to all who are actively involved in reviving our once ‘feared and admired rugby teams’; Blacks and Stinger.

Cheers mate
Boon

Sent from my iPad