COBRA Rugby Updates (02.05.2024)

Ray

Jun 2, 2024, 7:48:40 AMJun 2
to cobrarugby, Darryll Sinnappa
Dear COBRAs

BLACKS & STINGERS
KRS League: Week 3 Results

Blacks 68 vs 05 SMS Old Boys
image.png
Some familiar faces still serving COBRA the likes of Roy, Dores, Angah, Along, Isyraf, Amar, and Bard.

Our Blacks Captain, Bard, marshalled the team well and had a try of the game for himself which started in our 5m. For those that used to be involved with the team, set pieces such as 'Blues', 'B12', and the everlasting 'Merah' are still being used to good effect.

Upcoming matches
We have KL Tigers (8 June) and the RSC Dogs (23 June) to contend with the next 3 weeks.

It is a wee drive to UPNM Sg. Besi, but spectator support would be welcomed I'm sure.

Stingers 05 vs 17 Rhinoz
image.png
The 4 Toos as President Daryll puts it. Can see how proud Felix is to see his boys Kevin, Brandon, and Joshua graduating to play for the Stingers team.

A bit more info about the Stingers. The bulk of the team consists of young men from the ARAS schools, i.e. the Selangor Rugby Academy (or Akademi Ragbi Selangor) from Bangi and Shah Alam.

It was scoreless at halftime. Several signs during the 1st half-play pointed to an inevitable try despite the good defence by the team. We had our chances as well as our rush defence presented a couple of opportunities to counter but we knocked-on. A clear sign of looking at the opponent instead of securing the ball first.

The boys looked like they trained more than once a week back in their schools and are used to running non-stop. However, running rugby was ineffective in the wet and slippery conditions, and the more experienced Rhinoz slowed the game down and eventually prevailed.

Upcoming Matches
We have Supark Grizzly (8 June) and ARC Knight (22 June) to contend with the next 3 weeks.

Friendly @ 28/5/2024
Merthyr RFC's U21s are on tour in Malaysia. They are a Welsh rugby union club based in Merthyr Tydfil in South Wales and acts as a feeder club for Cardiff Rugby.

A call was made for the Blacks to play this game at the last minute. Final score COBRA Blacks 19 - 14 Merthyr RFC U21s.

Official presentation of club jerseys after at COBRA Bar Sideline Sports Bar.

image.png
image.png

COBRATS

There was a Cobra U14 Development 10s competition that took place on 25.5.2024.

A total of 8 teams took part. The Cobrats Black were Champions while Cobrats Gold came in 3rd.

Trainings
Faizan was asking if there is training for beginners on Saturday. I hope your query was answered. As far as I know, only on Sundays at the Astaka field.

Regards
Ray

Boon Hoon Chee

Jun 3, 2024, 11:15:15 AMJun 3
to cobra...@googlegroups.com, Darryll Sinnappa
RR, Thanks for the Club’s rugby updates.

Cheers mate
Boon

Sent from my iPhone

--
COBRA RUGBY - Passion For Rugby
---

Ray

Jun 10, 2024, 7:22:39 AMJun 10
to cobrarugby, Darryll Sinnappa
Dear COBRAs

image.png
COBRA marked its 57th year last Saturday. Thank you to those who have volunteered your time to ensure the smooth running of the club. Keep at it.

As for rugby updates, I have to say that as the league reaches the penultimate Group and Knockout rounds, this email update is on its final legs. So, please subscribe to our social channels for Club updates.

BLACKS & STINGERS
KRS League: Week 4 Results

Blacks 13 vs 27 KL Tigers
We were up against the team to beat in the KRS League Division 1. We were outgunned 4 tries to 1.

With one game to go, the Blacks are 3rd in Division 1.

Upcoming group match
The RSC Dogs (23 June) are 5th in the division.

Stingers 25 vs 25 Supark Grizzly
It was 4 tries vs 5 tries. We managed to convert one of those tries and added a penalty.

Upcoming Matches
We have the Division 2 leaders ARC Knight (22 June) as the final group game. It's a coincidence that the Stingers are also 3rd in their Division 2.

That's it for now. Catch you on the next one.

Regards
Ray