Downloading latest Recon model, Universaal database file and its IDs file

Bhushan Dhamale

Jan 11, 2018, 7:01:10 AM1/11/18
to COBRA Toolbox
Hello,

I have been trying to get the latest versions of the following files:
1. Recon model (.mat) file,
2. Universal reaction database file for Homo spaiens (reaction.lst), and
3. Corresponding dictionary file for the reaction.lst file (KEGG_dictionary.xls)

However, I have been unsuccessful in finding the files so far.
Could someone please guide me as to where I might be able to download the latest versions of these files from?

- Bhushan

Almut Heinken

Jan 11, 2018, 7:32:51 AM1/11/18
to cobra-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bhushan,
you can find the latest version of Recon here:
https://vmh.uni.lu/#downloadview
Best regards,
Almut

--

---

Message has been deleted

Bhushan Dhamale

Jan 12, 2018, 12:22:15 AM1/12/18
to COBRA Toolbox
Thank you for the link Almut.
Would you happen to know from where I could get the other files as well?

Thomas Pfau

Jan 12, 2018, 12:26:41 AM1/12/18
to cobra-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Bhushan,

As for the reaction.lst:
This is a file derived from KEGG. As such, it would have to be manually generated if you don't have a Kegg ftp subscription.
If you have an ftp subscription, you could extract it from the corresponding database entries.

KEGG_dictionary again depends a lot on your model. i.e. you would need a list specific to your model. Potential lists can be derived from e.g. the MetaNetX downloads (https://www.metanetx.org/mnxdoc/mnxref.html) or from BiGG (http://bigg.ucsd.edu/data_access) but you would have to extract the corresponding mapping for your use case.

Best

Thomas

On 2018-01-12 06:15, Bhushan Dhamale wrote:
Thank you for the link Amlut.
Would you happen to know from where I could get the other files as well?

On Thursday, January 11, 2018 at 6:02:51 PM UTC+5:30, Almut Heinken wrote:

---

Bhushan Dhamale

Jan 15, 2018, 4:31:19 AM1/15/18
to COBRA Toolbox