Questions about gapfill

Uri David Akavia

Feb 28, 2019, 5:34:29 PM2/28/19
to COBRA Toolbox
Hello,

I'm trying to run gapfill on a model I modified, and I have some questions.
1) There are some amino acids that appear at least twice in the dictionary file, such as
ala-L C00041
ala_L C00041
The code in mapKEGGID2Model will not translate C00041 to either, since it has multiple matches. I think that will mean that any gaps with ala_L in my model won't be filled.
Am I right about this?
Should I therefore edit the dictionary file to contain only one match for C00041?

2) There are metabolites that seem very very similar, and I'm not 100% sure what the difference is.
One example is
3hodcoa - (S)-3-Hydroxyoctadecanoyl Coenzyme A versus CE2248 - 3-Hydroxyoctadecanoyl Coenzyme A
Both metabolites exist in RECON3 (for example), but the difference between them seem very small. Are they really different, or is this just two ways to refer to the same metabolite? The KEGG metabolite is called 3-Hydroxyoctadecanoyl Coenzyme A (NO S).

Thanks,

Uri David

Ronan M.T. Fleming

Mar 1, 2019, 5:57:22 AM3/1/19
to COBRA Toolbox
Hi Uri,

yes please edit the dictionary file to contain only one match for C00041.

If two metabolites have the same standard InChI then one of them should be deleted, otherwise not. They seem to have two different InChI keys.

WZMAIEGYXCOYSH-FWBOWLIOSA-J
WZMAIEGYXCOYSH-DHAMPVRESA-J

Regards,

Ronan

--

---

Mr. Ronan MT Fleming B.V.M.S. Dip. Math. Ph.D.
Assistant Professor,
Division of Systems Biomedicine and Pharmacology,
Leiden Academic Centre for Drug Research,
Faculty of Science,
Leiden University.
&
H2020 Project Coordinator
Systems Medicine of Mitochondrial Parkinson’s Disease
Mobile:  +353 873 413 072
Skype: ronan.fleming
(This message is confidential and may contain privileged information. It is intended for the named recipient only. If you receive it in error please notify me and permanently delete the original message and any copies.)