excel to json in cobrapy

Ehsan Salehabadi

May 11, 2024, 8:00:03 AMMay 11
to COBRA Toolbox
Hello dear Cobra Toolbox members,

To convert xls to mat files, there used to be a simple code called xls2model in matlab. I was wondering if there is such an easy code in cobrapy to convert xls directly to json. I searched for it through the documentation, but I couldn't find anything.

So, How to convert excel file contains reaction and metabolite sheets to Json?

Thank you,
Ehsan

Ronan M.T. Fleming

May 12, 2024, 6:30:21 AMMay 12
to cobra-...@googlegroups.com
You could use xls2model in matlab, then import that into cobrapy and
generate your json. Or within matlab mat to json
https://github.com/opencobra/cobratoolbox/tree/master/src/base/io/json
> --
>
> ---

Mr. Ronan MT Fleming B.V.M.S. Dip. Math. Ph.D.
Associate Professor,
School of Medicine,
University of Galway,
Ireland.
Coordinator of the Horizon Europe project "Reconstruction and
Computational Modelling for Inherited Metabolic Diseases" (Recon4IMD)
Peer-reviewed publications: https://goo.gl/FZPG23
Mobile: +353 852 109 806
Github: @rmtfleming

Ehsan Salehabadi

May 12, 2024, 2:15:53 PMMay 12
to COBRA Toolbox
Thank you very much Dr. Fleming.

May I ask another question about cobrapy here?
I would like to delete multiple reaction deletions (not single or double), and then optimize the growth rate. How am I supposed to do that? In matlab, we could easily do it by the code removeRxns, but for cobrapy, I couldn't find any result regarding that (only single and double reaction deletions). Does it mean that I have to delete the reactions one by one, and every time apply them to a new copy of the model?

Thank you and sincerely yours,
Ehsan