Recombinant Protein Production in Ecoli

Venkata Sri Krishna Kona

Jun 14, 2024, 12:50:40 AMJun 14
to COBRA Toolbox
To 'iEC1356_Bl21DE3.xml' model i have added Plasmid Stiochiometric equation , demand rxn for plasmid, change boundary condition , same was Ampicillin antibiotic Stiochiometric eqn, demand rxn, change boundary condition , later simulated and found drop in FBAsolution.f value . But as soon as i added recombinant protein eqn, demand rxn and change boundary step .  I dint found any futher change in the values of FBAsolution.f value.

I changed the objective to recombinant protein instead of model = changeObjective(model,'BIOMASS_Ec_iJO1366_core_53p95M')

But simulation resulted me " No recombinant protein production "

>> model = changeObjective(model,'recombinant protein')
origStatText: []
               f: 0.9750
              f0: NaN
              f1: 0.9750
              f2: NaN
               v: [2747×1 double]
               y: [1949×1 double]
               w: [2747×1 double]
               s: [1949×1 double]
          solver: 'glpk'
       algorithm: 'default'
            stat: 1
        origStat: 5
            time: 0.0700
           basis: []
          vars_v: []
               x: [2747×1 double]

  Guide what else conditions i need to declare to see difference in f value of recombinant protein.

For information i tried both with and without changeboundary conditions on Biomass 0.45 hr