Failure to run COBRA on computing clusters

Reza Yasemi

Jan 19, 2022, 8:37:29 PM1/19/22
to COBRA Toolbox
Hello,

I have been a COBRA user for a while now and I can successfully run FBA, FVA and dynamic versions of these methods on my personal laptop. Recently, I am working on a genome-scale model for which I want to do DFVA, and I run out of RAM. Although I could run my Matlab codes in the form of "batch" jobs both on my personal laptop computation cluster and on Compute Canada clusters, I fail to run my Matlab codes which involve COBRA submodules. I attached the full error, in short, it points to the worker's inability to read/access the COBRA submodule.

Any ideas on how to tackle this issue are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Reza

Ph.D. candidate
Research Laboratory in Applied Metabolic Engineering
Polytechnique Montréal

COBRAconfigReport.log
COBRA_HPC_ERROR_JAN19.txt

Thomas Pfau

Jan 20, 2022, 5:50:55 AM1/20/22
to cobra-...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

It looks like you are using some code that tries to access files on your local machine (all the C:\ folder indicators point to it). Alternatively, if you copied the cobratoolbox folder over to the cluster, you might have added some file (e.g. a startup.m) that contains a path list with pathes on your machine.
I would suggest to install the toolbox diectly on the cluster (not copying it over from your machine) and only copy the actual scripts running your analysis.

Maybe this helps,

Thomas

--

---