Flux between compartments

Bruno Ribeiro Pinto

May 21, 2024, 10:34:38 AMMay 21
to cobra-...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone !!!
I am building a model and it is composed of three compartments, 'm', 'c', 'e' and 'x'. I added to the model the exchange and the transport reactions to interconnect each compartment, but the model still can't carry flux between compartments. When I set the model for only 'e' and 'c' the model carries flux normally. Am I missing something? There is any procedure that I need to do in order to carry flux between compartments? Best regards.

Ronan M.T. Fleming

May 24, 2024, 11:47:09 AMMay 24
to cobra-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bruno,
set a lower bound to enforce flux between compartments, is it
feasible? If not, use relaxedFBA to see why not.
Regards,
Ronan

On Tue, 21 May 2024 at 15:34, Bruno Ribeiro Pinto <brun...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone !!!
> I am building a model and it is composed of three compartments, 'm', 'c', 'e' and 'x'. I added to the model the exchange and the transport reactions to interconnect each compartment, but the model still can't carry flux between compartments. When I set the model for only 'e' and 'c' the model carries flux normally. Am I missing something? There is any procedure that I need to do in order to carry flux between compartments? Best regards.
>
> --
>
> ---

Mr. Ronan MT Fleming B.V.M.S. Dip. Math. Ph.D.
Associate Professor,
School of Medicine,
University of Galway,
Ireland.
Coordinator of the Horizon Europe project "Reconstruction and
Computational Modelling for Inherited Metabolic Diseases" (Recon4IMD)
Peer-reviewed publications: https://goo.gl/FZPG23
Mobile: +353 852 109 806
Github: @rmtfleming