readCbModel error for SBML level 2 version 1 file. How to convert it to level 3?

69 weergaven
Naar het eerste ongelezen bericht

Chaitanya Bhave

ongelezen,
12 feb 2018, 05:59:2812-02-2018
aan COBRA Toolbox
Hi!

I was trying to read Zymomonas mobilis - iEM439 model (Obtained from ----- http://pubs.rsc.org/en/Content/ArticleLanding/2016/MB/C5MB00588D#!divAbstract) but the Cobra Toolbox could not read it. Upon research on the internet I understood that the recent Cobra Toolbox is consistent only for SBML L3 while this file is L2V1.

Is there a way to convert this file to L3 such that it is compatible with the recent Cobra Toolbox?

Other previous Z. mobilis models (iZM363 and iZmobMBEL601) are available here ------- https://github.com/opencobra/m_model_collection/tree/master/sbml3
in SBML L3 but the above model is not there.

I am using MATLAB2016b and my Cobra Toolbox is up to date. This is the error message which I receive

>> model=readCbModel('iEM439.xml')
The model contains 1 errors.

Error encountered during read.

Error using cellfun
Non-scalar in Uniform output, at index 1, output 1.
Set 'UniformOutput' to false.

Error in readSBML>extractGPRRule (line 453)
    ruleGenes = cellfun(@(x) regexp(x,'[^ \[\]\(\)\{\}]*','match'),geneFields);

Error in readSBML (line 214)
        [rule,cgenes] = extractGPRRule(grRule{i},model.genes,0);

Error in readCbModel (line 207)
        model = readSBML(fileName,defaultBound);

Chaitanya Bhave,
Senior Undergraduate,
Department of Biochemical Engineering and Biotechnology,
Indian Institute of Technology Delhi

Thomas Pfau

ongelezen,
19 feb 2018, 00:57:1919-02-2018
aan cobra-...@googlegroups.com

Hello Chaitanya,

As you can see from the output of readCbModel, the model file contains at least one error.

Checking it against the SBML Validator ( http://sbml.org/Facilities/Validator/index.jsp ) you can see, that this file is not valid SBML.

There is a reaction with a missing id field (which is a required atribute even for L2V1). If you add a id to that reaction (line 25863) the toolbox can read the model without issue.

Best,

Thomas

--

---

Université du Luxembourg
Faculté des Sciences, de la Technologie et de la Communication
Campus Belval, Biotech II 115
6 avenue du Swing
L-4367 Belvaux
Tel: (+352) 46 66 44 5309