Conversion of xls file to sbml or xml format

Sagnik Mitra

Feb 12, 2023, 1:25:25 AM2/12/23
to cobra pie
I have a certain file for iCac967 model which is in xls format. Need to generate MEMOTE report for it. Is there any relatively easy way than manually curating or working on making the xml format? I am new to this field

Matthias König

Feb 13, 2023, 3:57:02 AM2/13/23
to cobra pie
It depends on how your xlsx file looks. If it is close to SBTab format you could do some basic conversions to your XLSX and try to create the SBML with SBTab.

If you know a bit of python I would recommend to write a simple script to create the SBML from the excel file.
You can use pandas to read the information and sbmlutils (https://github.com/matthiaskoenig/sbmlutils) to create the SBML.
I am updating the fbc information this week, so there should be better documentation on how to easily create an SBML model with fbc information.
If you have any questions let me know.

Best Matthias