Applies constrain to a model in python

théo BRUNET

Jun 26, 2023, 8:53:26 AM6/26/23
to cobra pie
Hi all,
I'm using cobrapy to load a model, I would like to apply some constraint on this model so it fits with the data that I have.

To do this I have used the upper_bound and lower_bound attributes of the reactions in my model to change their values. But it looks like the model is not constrained even if I set both of them to 0.

I don't have any error but when I look at the fluxes in my model they are not null, does anyone have an idea of what is the problem here?
I think I have misunderstood something but I don't know what.

Thanks in advance

Stephen Chapman

Nov 13, 2023, 4:58:06 AM11/13/23
to cobra pie
Are you sure you are constraing one model and then observing the constraints of another model ?