Interpretation of C-Flux

Sahar Aghakhani

May 3, 2022, 10:44:17 AM5/3/22
to cobra pie
Hello,

I have a question about the interpretation of the results obtained by FBA: after a model.summary(), I get the attached dataframe and I don't know how to interpret the C-Flux percentages

I understood that the carbon-flux is a way to assess the relative flux distribution of the conversion of carbon sources into building blocks needed for macromolecular biosynthesis but I am not able to interpret or understand the origin of this percentage.
What total are we talking about? What is the calculation from which we get this percentage? What does a high or low C-Flux indicate for an uptake or secretion reaction?

Do you have any information on this subject or publications, tutorials, courses to recommend? Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Sahar Aghakhani

FBA_C-flux.png