Re: [cobra-pie] No LP solvers found

Message has been deleted

Moritz Beber

Jan 25, 2023, 3:54:08 PM1/25/23
to cobr...@googlegroups.com
Dear Dawson,

The cglpk interface hasn't been part of cobrapy for a long time. Are you sure that you installed the latest version from conda-forge rather than the very old version from the bioconda channel? The latest version is 0.26.2 and you will need at least Python 3.6 to get it. If you do have that but still no solver, please install optlang manually and see if that solves your issue.

Best,
Moritz

On Wed, 2023-01-25 at 10:07 -0800, Dawson Payne wrote:
Hello,

I have installed cobrapy using Anaconda (from conda-forge) in a fresh environment (Windows) as directed on the cobrapy page. When I import cobra (using Jupyter notebook) I get the warning "No LP solvers found". Unsurprisingly, when I try to solve the model I get the error "no solvers installed". I have tried creating fresh environments and have tried a few of the recent versions of cobrapy, but have gotten the same error with each attempt. I have also tried running "import cobra.solvers.cglpk" and get the error "No module named 'cobra.solvers.cglpk'".

Any advice on how to proceed?

Thanks,
Dawson