simpheny license?

Parsa Nayyara

May 1, 2023, 7:34:45 PM5/1/23
to cobra pie
Hi, I was wondering if anyone can give a recommendation for softwares to use for  metabolic model reconstructions? I know that a lot of groups use simpheny to initially build their model, but as far as I am aware the software's not publicly available.

Thank you!

Andrew Freiburger

May 1, 2023, 9:35:08 PM5/1/23
to Parsa Nayyara, cobra pie
Hello Parsa,

The free KBase platform offers numerous point-and-click Apps for the entire reconstruction pipeline, and it very actively developed. You first create a free account, and then can access the Applications in Notebook environments called Narratives that are hosted in the browser.
The ModelSEEDpy Python API is complementary to KBase and likewise contains every step for reconstruction, although presently has basic documentation. I can connect you with a developer to introduce you to the API process as you need.

On May 1, 2023, at 18:34, Parsa Nayyara <parsan...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can give a recommendation for softwares to use for  metabolic model reconstructions? I know that a lot of groups use simpheny to initially build their model, but as far as I am aware the software's not publicly available.

Thank you!

ch.d...@gmail.com

May 2, 2023, 3:08:55 PM5/2/23
to cobra pie
You didn't really say for which organism. But for Bacteria and Archaea tools like CARVME, gapseq, or Bactabolize are also good (all open source and free).
Message has been deleted