[Announcement] COBRApy community meeting 2022

ch.d...@gmail.com

Apr 27, 2022, 1:12:29 PM4/27/22
to cobra pie
Dear COBRApy community,

It is time for another community meeting. As always, feel especially welcome if you have not previously attended any of the calls. We will talk about future directions for the project and look forward to hearing from new users, as well as long term supporters.

If you want to participate, please choose a time slot here (you can adjust the timezone on the upper right):

> https://www.when2meet.com/?15487684-Uyrwc

We will also post a recording of the meeting on YouTube afterwards.

We have heard your feedback that the last meeting was a bit heavy on the organizational aspects of the project (management, funding, etc.). So, I propose to split the meeting into a development and organizational part of 30 minutes each. Let us know if you have any topics you would like to see on the Agenda. Some tentative agenda points follow below.

Best regards,
Christian on behalf of the COBRApy project

---

Agenda

Development

1. Refactoring of the test/CICD suite
2. What to address before or after the stable release of COBRApy X.0
3. What is the community using COBRApy for and what are big unmet needs in the community that COBRApy should address?
   - Omics data integration (some updates on DRIVEN)

Organization

1. COBRApy manuscript updates
2. Improve DEI in the project
   - Mentoring for new contributors
   - Implementation of the COC is completed
   - A tutorial on contributing