BIOMASS_reaction flux issues

Brian

Apr 9, 2024, 3:09:10 PMApr 9
to cobra pie
Hello,

I am using the Recon3D model and am having issues understanding the flux values being returned for the BIOMASS_reaction. To my knowledge the flux through the BIOMASS_reaction is the growth rate (with units of hr^-1).

When checking the minimal medium requirements for the desired growth rate of 0.025 hr^-1 (doubling time of 40hrs), I get an empty list implying any media will sustain that growth rate.

Is my understanding of the BIOMASS_reaction correct? If so, how do I constrain it in order to get a more biologically relevant value for the growth rate?

Thank you!