Adding new product and optimising for max productivity

Rod Barbosa

Jul 14, 2022, 5:04:35 AM7/14/22
to cobra pie
Hello everyone,

New here. I've been tasked to optimise a GEM yeast model given a specific product. My question is:

As far as I know, in order to do that, I would need to have all the stoichiometric values for the reactions producing the specified product as well as the genes coding for such reaction? Would that be right?

So far, I have the product AA frequency, would I only need to link it to central carbon/nitrogen metabolism and specify the genes coding for it?

Any suggestions/recommendations would be very much welcomed! Thank you!

Rd.