Tern -Walker Pit, Franktown, Douglas

Hugh Kingery

Oct 16, 2021, 7:20:43 PM10/16/21
to cob...@googlegroups.com
Here are some pictures of one of the terns we have seen at the Walker Pit for 3-4 days. I'd welcome comments on the ID, which I initially have called a Forster's.

You can also view the pictures on eBird, Walker Road Gravel Pond.

Hugh
2021 10 16 Tern at Walker0001.jpg
2021 10 16 Tern at Walker0002.jpg
2021 10 16 Tern at Walker0004.jpg
2021 10 16 Tern at Walker0005.JPG

Nicholas Komar

Oct 18, 2021, 2:04:24 AM10/18/21
to Hugh Kingery, cob...@googlegroups.com
Hugh,

Head pattern looks good for Common/Arctic. Legs are too long for Arctic. That leaves Common.

Nick Komar
Fort Collins

On Oct 16, 2021, at 5:21 PM, 'Hugh Kingery' via Colorado Birds <cob...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Here are some pictures of one of the terns we have seen at the Walker Pit for 3-4 days. I'd welcome comments on the ID, which I initially have called a Forster's.

You can also view the pictures on eBird, Walker Road Gravel Pond.

Hugh

* All posts should be signed with the poster's full name and city. Include bird species and location in the subject line when appropriate
---
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/1217521240.1925721.1634426429473%40mail.yahoo.com.