sign of spring

Annette Aguero

Feb 27, 2021, 12:09:10 PM2/27/21
to cob...@googlegroups.com
Attachment available until Mar 28, 2021
While looking at new homes today near Chatfield Reservoir, I happened to come across about 20 Meadowlarks. It was so fun seeing so many.
Click to Download
IMG_6900.MOV
47.1 MB

Dave

Feb 27, 2021, 1:56:14 PM2/27/21
to Annette Aguero, Colorado Birds
Annette,
While many overwinter in CO, I suspect what you witnessed was a group of early migrants concentrated in weedy strip along melted pavement where they were finding caterpillars of the Army Cutworms Moth (aka larval “miller’s”).  Thanks for sharing.

Dave Leatherman
Fort Collins

Sent from my iPhone