NM birding guide - free

Chris F

Feb 23, 2021, 10:21:38 PM2/23/21
to cobirds
Good morning,

Next month I will be returning to New England. I have a practically brand new copy of Birding Hot Spots of Central New Mexico that I probably won't be needing. Are there any takers? I live in Aurora, but am willing to mail it. Thanks.

Chris Fleuriel

Sibylle Hechtel

Feb 24, 2021, 10:16:37 AM2/24/21
to Colorado Birds
I'd love it! I'm heading south to NM, and Bosque del Apache, in March!

Robert Petterson

Feb 24, 2021, 10:16:39 AM2/24/21
to Colorado Birds
Sure. I would love to have it.

Thanks for the offer
Rob Petterson

KATHY HOLLAND

Feb 24, 2021, 10:36:55 AM2/24/21
to Robert Petterson, Colorado Birds
If someone missed out on the book, I have one titled Birding Hot Spots of Santa Fe, Taos & Northern New Mexico by Liddell & Hussey that I'd give away.  It's a little dated as it was published in 2015.

Kathy Holland
Centennial, CO

Katherine Holland

David Suddjian

Feb 24, 2021, 11:12:07 AM2/24/21
to Sibylle Hechtel, Colorado Birds
Dear CoBirders,

This is a Colorado Birds list, so let's keep discussion focused there, please.

Thanks,

David Suddjian
CoBirds list moderator

Ira Sanders

Feb 24, 2021, 12:54:40 PM2/24/21
to David Suddjian, Sibylle Hechtel, Colorado Birds
Well David, I  feel Chris Fleuriel was doing a service for cobirders in offering that book and don't see a problem with it.
Ira Sanders

Douglas Kibbe

Feb 24, 2021, 1:23:59 PM2/24/21
to Ira Sanders, David Suddjian, Sibylle Hechtel, Colorado Birds
Agreed.
Doug Kibbe

Feb 24, 2021, 1:29:16 PM2/24/21
to Douglas Kibbe, Ira Sanders, David Suddjian, Sibylle Hechtel, Colorado Birds
What Ira said.

Gary Brower
Unincorporated Arapahoe County

David Suddjian

Feb 24, 2021, 1:37:15 PM2/24/21
to Gary Brower, Douglas Kibbe, Ira Sanders, Sibylle Hechtel, Colorado Birds
Thanks everyone. I will continue to endeavor to keep the list focused on CO, as that is its focus. In this case, an initial post is no big deal on its own, of course, but then another offer comes, and then the door is open. My moderating philosophy is that it is better to keep things focused.

David Suddjian
CoBirds list moderator
Littleton CO

Diana Beatty

Feb 24, 2021, 1:40:45 PM2/24/21
to David Suddjian, Gary Brower, Douglas Kibbe, Ira Sanders, Sibylle Hechtel, Colorado Birds
To that end, I might mention there is a pretty cool Facebook group called Ornithology Book Classifieds where you can sell and buy all kinds of field guides and ornithology books if they're not Colorado related (or even if they are) -I've seen some pretty cool stuff posted there.

Diana Beatty
El Paso County

--

******

All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.