A few sightings before the freeze on January 30th.

Brian Roy

Feb 18, 2021, 11:22:00 AM2/18/21
to Colorado Birds
I'm using the bitter cold to get back to editing and rating photos. Here are a few of my favorites from January 30th. Specifically, I was at Eaglewatch Lake and the neighboring Blackrock Lake at South Platte Park.

On the whole, I saw about
- 15 Gadwalls
- 10 Mallards
- 1 Bald Eagle
- 1 Kestrel
- 1 Red-Tailed Hawk
- 1 Great blue heron that almost flew into me, and I didn't get a picture because I was looking at a blurry image of said red-tailed hawk on my cell phone. It is a sensitive subject still.
- 1 (sad but I suppose necessary) dead beaver.

And my favorite of the day is the kingfisher amongst fishing gear. Even though I can't see its eyes, the juxtaposition is incredible.
MAL02602.jpgMAL02688.jpgMAL02693.jpgMAL02678.jpg

Okay, here is where you contribute to a caption for the kingfisher photo. Sassier the better. Let's hear it!

I'll start it up:
- A king amongst pawnfishers

Brian Roy
TheBeakGeek.com (I'll let you know when the site is officially launched)
Littleton, Colorado

Brian Roy

Feb 18, 2021, 12:09:36 PM2/18/21
to Colorado Birds
I am happy to announce I contacted the ranger at South Platt Park and he said they were going to take a look to see "us old-guys" can get it (fishing gear) down.

Brian Roy
Littleton, Colorado

DuWayne Worthington

Feb 19, 2021, 2:04:09 PM2/19/21
to Brian Roy, Colorado Birds
How about" Inspirational decorations for a Kingly abode"
or "'Interior Designer Trinkets fit for a King"

DuWayne Worthington

Science Teaching Faculty

Valor Christian High School

Influence through Excellence

3775 Grace Blvd.

Highlands Ranch, CO  80126

303-471-3000 x 3278

www.govalor.com

Lori Pivonka

Diane Underwood

Feb 19, 2021, 9:18:51 PM2/19/21
to Lori Pivonka, DuWayne Worthington, Brian Roy, Colorado Birds
"I'm not a robin, but just sitting here with these things bob, bob, bobbing along."

Brian Johnson

Feb 20, 2021, 12:46:59 PM2/20/21
to Colorado Birds
"They call me a 'kingfisher' but all I caught was this tree. My mother-in-law was right, I am going nowhere.'

Brian Johnson,
Engelwood CO