Winter Wren- yes; Black-throated Green- no; Cherry Creek Bike Path Arapahoe County

Joey Negreann

Nov 18, 2020, 10:50:16 AM11/18/20
to Colorado Birds
Since we are all going through a fair amount of eBird withdrawal at this point, here’s an early report.

The Winter Wren was located in the same general location the Black-throated Green was being seen most frequently, just south of the Little rocky waterfall, on the bike path side of the bank. It was fairly active and popped up rather often.

The Black-throated green was not seen. I spent about an hour looking along the stretch with no luck. A few others were/continue to look.

In other local news, at cherry creek SP yesterday there was a Dunlin at pelican point and a red-necked grebe off of lake loop.

Hope everyone’s surviving somehow in this ebirdless world!

Joey Negreann
Arapahoe County

Joey Negreann

Nov 18, 2020, 12:46:34 PM11/18/20
to Colorado Birds
Quick update, the dunlin continues at cherry creek SP from pelican point one can find it with a scope across the inlet and down the beach a little ways it was foraging with some green wing teal in the mud. I also had an adult Mew Gull at pelican point hanging with the group of ring bills. Unfortunately it flushed and I lost track of it but it might have relocated to the other group of gulls near where the dunlin was foraging.

Joey Negreann
Arapahoe County

Andrew Fontenot

Nov 19, 2020, 5:30:56 PM11/19/20
to Colorado Birds
The black-throated green warbler was refound 50 yards upstream from the Winter wren at 9:00AM .

Andrew Fontenot
Denver County

kathy...@gmail.com

Nov 19, 2020, 5:30:56 PM11/19/20
to Colorado Birds
The BTGW was re-found east of Winter Wren spot where the Creek makes a northerly bend (sorry, Joey, I tried to find you, but you must have left already).  Two Eastern Bluebirds were in the same area.

Yes, life sans eBird is rough!

Kathy Kay
Denver County