Bohemian Waxwings, Louisville, Boulder County

Gary & Sharon

Jan 27, 2023, 6:52:11 PM1/27/23
to cob...@googlegroups.com
Around 3:30 PM today I was at the mailbox and noticed a large flock of birds fly over. They were the right size for Waxwings. So I rushed back to the house and told my husband that we needed to take a drive in the neighborhood to the north of our house (the heck with the groceries we had just taken into the house but hadn’t put away). In just a few minutes we found about 100 Bohemian Waxwings in a couple of tall cottonwood trees. They were in the area of Centennial Drive and Evans Circle. Anyway, we were very happy to finally have them fly over our house while I was out getting mail (having driven all around Louisville for an hour on Tuesday looking for them to no avail). Also I new yard bird. I count fly overs.

Sharon Norfleet
Louisville
Boulder County