Bluebird trifecta - Douglas

Hugh Kingery

May 21, 2022, 7:23:14 PM5/21/22
to cob...@googlegroups.com
    We wentout this afternoon to see what the snow brought, and on our Willow Lake Drive, saw all three bluebird species. The Eastern, a stunning male, flew along the road between the first & second turns. Plus 3 Westerns & 3 Mountains. After observing it on the fence, we didn't see it again, including when we came back an hour later.
    Also on Willow Lake Driver: 2 Horned Larks, 6 Vesper Sparrows, a Say's Phoebe.
    McClain Pit has an abundance of swallows. Yesterday almost all wove back and forth above the water, and today doing both that and perching on the power lines along Castlewood Canyon Road. Yesterday, 500; today maybe 400. Spectacular.
    In our yard, a pair of Western Tanagers, half a dozen Black-headed Grosbeaks, several American and one Lesser Goldfinch, plus the usual contingent.

Hugh & Urling Kingery