Bird Conservancy of the Rockies Chico Basin Ranch Banding Update 9/16/21

Nancy Ransom

Sep 16, 2021, 6:51:13 PM9/16/21
to Colorado Birds
Today was a slower day here at the ranch, with only 27 captures (though it felt like more!) There was a Cassin's Kingbird vocalizing near the station, and I saw a large number of Blue Grosbeaks and White-crowned Sparrows moving about. I have started to submit Ebird lists from my banding mornings, but as it picks up this might become challenging. Highlight for the day was a hatch-year female Broad-tailed Hummingbird! Thanks to Virginia Maynard for coming out to help volunteer-- you did an awesome job!

Chico captures for 9/16:
Wilson's Warbler 16
Orange-crowned Warbler 4
Chipping Sparrow 3
Lincoln's Sparrow 1
White-crowned Sparrow 4
Brown Thrasher 1
Hermit Thrush 1
Broad-tailed Hummingbird 1 unbanded

We are open 6 days a week at Chico Basin Ranch (closed Sunday), usually returning from the first net run around 7am and staying open until about 11:30am, weather permitting. Thank you for your continued support!

Nancy Ransom

Bander, Chico Basin Ranch

Bird Conservancy of the Rockies