Birds, Whales, & Algae with Boulder Audubon

Sydney Rayl

Nov 20, 2022, 3:18:52 PM11/20/22
to Colorado Birds
We hope to see you at our final BCAS program of 2022, Birds, Whales, Algae and Earth's Living System: A Seamless Continuum with Martin Ogle. Before the program, we also invite you to join us for Boulder County Audubon’s 50th-anniversary celebration from 5-7 pm. This celebration will also be your first chance to register for the return of our Interludes with Nature!

Note:This program will be in-person only. It will not be recorded or presented online.

Birds are not simply a class of animals, but a seamless continuum of Earth's living system! So, too, are all other organisms, which co-evolve with everything else on Earth's surface as a single living system. In this multi-media presentation, Martin Ogle brings a 37-year career as a naturalist, Earth scientist and storyteller to bear in exploring fantastic new understandings of Life on our planet. How do birds, whales and algae ensure the fertility of the land? How does bird migration reveal a network of senses that allows our living system to thrive? How do these insights create “Earth-wise humans?”

Many of us in Boulder Audubon know Martin Ogle from his exemplary work with Lafayette Open Space as the coordinator of “Lafayette Birds” and creator of “The Shack” interpretive center at the Bob Greenlee Preserve at Waneka Lake. He had a 27 year career as Chief Naturalist for the Northern Virginia Regional Park Authority, after which he moved to Louisville, Colorado, with his family and started his own education and consulting business. Learn more here!

When: Tuesday, November 22, 7:15 - 8:45
Where: Unitarian Universalist Church of Boulder (map link)

We hope to see you there!

A note on COVID-19 in light of our decision to return to in-person meetings:

We ask that all in-person attendees respect the Church's COVID-19 policy, which is that all persons who enter their building must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In an effort to protect the more vulnerable members of our community, we also ask that attendees follow these guidelines

  • Wear a mask over nose/mouth
  • Stay at home if experiencing symptoms, have a known exposure to COVID-19, or have tested positive and are within the quarantine period
  • Confirm a negative test result the day of the event if you have recently tested positive or experienced symptoms.