fledglings in Allenspark

ynoz4...@gmail.com

Jul 27, 2021, 12:51:00 PM7/27/21
to cob...@googlegroups.com

After seeing so many reports of lower than average numbers of birds in many areas, I thought I’d give you a brief report from Allenspark (Boulder County). We’ve had a cabin in Allenspark for about a year, and we have a variety of birdfeeders out most days (we spend about half our time there).

This spring/summer we’ve seen fledglings of the following species: Hairy Woodpeckers, Downy Woodpeckers, Pygmy Nuthatches, White-breasted Nuthatches, Pine Siskins, Black-headed Grosbeaks, Mountain Chickadees, Cassin’s Finches, Dark-eyed Juncos, Steller’s Jays, and Black-billed Magpies.

We have noticed a decreased number of hummingbirds compared to last year, although we still have 8-10 daily (mix of Broad-tails and Rufous); Calliope have been rare.

Robin Jasper

Loveland (Larimer County) and Allenspark (Boulder County)