Sad news

Hugh Kingery

Nov 29, 2022, 1:29:46 PM11/29/22
to cob...@googlegroups.com
We are sad to announce the unexpected passing of Marilyn Rhodes. Marilyn was a Denver Audubon Master Birder, graduating class of 2009-2010, a wonderful field trip leader for Denver Audubon, a caring mentor to new field trip leaders, and very active on our photo contest committee. She led the Denver Botanic Gardens/Denver Country Club/Wash Park section of the annual Christmas Bird Count on January 1. Our Executive Director has fond memories of those New Year’s Day counts in freezing temperatures, searching for as many birds as we could while enjoying the company of the hardy group led by Marilyn and Bob Santangelo (her co-leader), who had (Bob still has!) a great sense of humor.

Denver Audubon