Chestnut-collared longspur, Chatfield sand spit, Douglas county.

Scott Somershoe

Sep 14, 2021, 1:33:15 PM9/14/21
to Colorado Birds
I had a Chestnut-collared fly by the sand spit about 11am. It was calling as it flew by. Very distinct call. It was going south. I haven’t relocated it. A couple other folks happened to be here and it hasn’t been refound. However, I’d walk the weedy barren fields around the parking lot for the sand spit and all around that area. If I recall, there was 1-2 CCLO here last year.

Also 5 immature Sabine’s gulls way out. I can’t make one into a little gull though. No LT jaeger yet today.

CCLO was green big year bird #260.

Scott Somershoe
Littleton CO

Sent from my iPhone