Bohemian Waxwings - Hudson Gardens

Gregg Goodrich

Jan 21, 2023, 11:34:54 AM1/21/23
to Cob...@googlegroups.com
We just had 100-150 Bohemian Waxwings at Hudson Gardens. Got photos and recordings. They flew in a big group SE after about 20 minutes of viewing. There is a nice water feature just west of the parking lot they were drinking from. I suspect they will be back.

Gregg Goodrich
Highlands Ranch

Gregg Goodrich

Jan 21, 2023, 7:42:46 PM1/21/23
to Colorado Birds
After our visit to Hudson Gardens we found Bohemian Waxwings at the Littleton Cemetery. They were in a tree at the Shell gas station to the west of the cemetery. There were several other Bohemian Waxwings sightings today in Littleton by a number of people. What a great winter season for Bohemian Waxwings.

I was able to get a recording of the Bohemian Waxwings at Hudson Gardens in spite of the traffic noise on Santa Fe. Here is the list with the recording.

Gregg Goodrich
Highlands Ranch

David Suddjian

Jan 21, 2023, 9:01:26 PM1/21/23
to Colorado Birds
DFO has a trip visiting Littleton this Friday with some spaces open. We will be seeking waxwings and more.

David Suddjian
Littleton, CO.

* All posts should be signed with the poster's full name and city. Include bird species and location in the subject line when appropriate
---
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/1ac062ef-4e8a-4c80-93e2-fc06f537b793n%40googlegroups.com.