Bohemian Waxwing numbers (maybe a high count this year?) in Fort Collins

Stephen Chang

Jan 24, 2023, 12:49:07 PM1/24/23
to Colorado Birds
Hi COBIRDS,

While in Fort Collins this morning I thought I'd try my luck where all of the recent sightings of Bohemians had been taking place near Indian Hills Park. I stumbled on a massive roost of waxwings, and I immediately took some shots of the sheer numbers. I took two separate pics of different patches of trees in short succession (see eBird checklist with photos), and I counted about 400 and 200 between the two pictures. So around 600 Bohemians total! I didn't notice any Cedar Waxwings during my scans either!  I also included one close-up photo for reference.

Good birding,
Stephen Chang
Longmont (sometimes Fort Collins)