Bird Conservancy of the Rockies - Chatfield Banding Station, 5/22/24

meredith

May 22, 2024, 7:52:06 PMMay 22
to Colorado Birds
Sunny but very chilly this morning.  Our number of new birds was down again, but we've hit the time in the season when we are recatching more of the birds that are staying at Chatfield to breed - we had 16 recaps today, including several females with brood patches.  Here are the 12 newly banded and 4 returns:

Western Wood-pewee 2
Black-capped Chickadee 1
American Robin 1
Gray Catbird 1
Yellow Warbler 1 new, 3 returns (2 banded 2023, 1 banded 2021)
Common Yellowthroat 1
Yellow-breasted Chat 1
Spotted Towhee 1 return, banded 2022
Lincoln's Sparrow 1
Brown-headed Cowbird 1
Bullock's Oriole 1
American Goldfinch 1

We are banding Tuesday through Sunday (closed Mondays) through May 31, weather permitting.  You can register to visit on the weekends through the Denver Audubon website.  (Some times/days are sold out, so sign up now if you are interested!)

Meredith McBurney
Bander, Chatfield Banding Station
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies