Pular para a primeira mensagem não lida

Donna Stumpp

não lida,
1 de mai. de 2023, 16:24:5401/05/2023
para Colorado Birds
There is a new book out I haven't seen mentioned here called Field Guide to North American Flycatchers: Empidonax and Pewees by Cin-Ty Lee and Andrew Birch.

It has detailed descriptions and illustrations of the large number of features that vary, and tells you which flycatchers have each type of feature, as well as other ID tools including overall impression. Features include: crown shape, bill length, bill color, tail length, tail width, forehead angle, wingbar contrast, and more. It suddenly becomes clear flycatchers are challenging to ID because several flycatchers have variable features.

For a sneak peek, check out the "look inside" feature on Amazon. It's all in there.
Screen Shot 2023-05-01 at 2.12.16 PM.png
Donna Stumpp
Weld County, Colorado

Todd Deininger

não lida,
1 de mai. de 2023, 17:28:5401/05/2023
para co-birds
Here is an ABA podcast with the authors.

* All posts should be signed with the poster's full name and city. Include bird species and location in the subject line when appropriate
---
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/65fa0ccb-0090-4840-9a40-03ded2bffba0n%40googlegroups.com.

William H Kaempfer

não lida,
1 de mai. de 2023, 18:56:0501/05/2023
para Todd Deininger, co-birds
Cin-ty is a master.  This should be you next bird book purchase!  It is a new way of learning and looking at empids.

Thanks for mentioning it, Donna.

Bill Kaempfer
Safety Harbor, FL
(I didn't know when I moved here from CO, I wouldn't see empids anymore.  Sad.

Screen Shot 2023-05-01 at 2.12.16 PM.png

Jeff Percell

não lida,
29 de mai. de 2023, 18:12:4629/05/2023
para Donna Stumpp, Colorado Birds
I purchased this book a few weeks ago and must say it is amazing. It really walks through all the relevant field marks on empids and categorizes the birds based on their various features. This book really clearly lays out so much information.

Highly recommend.

Good birding,
Jeff Percell
Erie, CO

On Mon, May 1, 2023, 2:24 PM Donna Stumpp <donna....@gmail.com> wrote:
--

Robert Parsons

não lida,
29 de mai. de 2023, 18:44:1029/05/2023
para Jeff Percell, Donna Stumpp, Colorado Birds
I bought this book a few weeks ago. Highly recommend it.

Robert