Bird Conservancy of the Rockies - Barr Lake Banding Report, 9/21/21

Meredith McBurney

Sep 13, 2021, 5:40:58 PM9/13/21
to Colorado Birds
(Note this is a slightly belated report for Sunday.  Today is our day off and I was, well, lazy last night and most of today.)

Sunday was a slightly busier day with 34 captures, plus we had 3 FOS species (Cassin's Vireo, Ruby-crowned Kinglet and Hermit Thrush) and our third Ovenbird.  The Ovenbird was just loaded with fat, a very good sign during migration.  Here's the breakdown for the day:

Western Wood-Pewee 1
Cassin's Vireo 1
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 1
Hermit Thrush 1
American Robin 1
Grey Catbird 1
Ovenbird 1
Wilson's Warbler 26
'Mountain' White-crowned Sparrow 1

We are open 6 days a week, weather permitting through October 23.  Closed Mondays.  Click here to register to visit - we are offering one-hour slots (up to 12 visitors at a time); 7:30-8:30 most weekdays, and 8-9, 9-10, and 10-11 on weekends.  Come visit!

Meredith McBurney
Bander, Barr Lake Station
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies