Re: [cobirds] Abridged summary of cobirds@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic

tom none

Jul 2, 2024, 10:41:15 PM (4 hours ago) Jul 2
to cob...@googlegroups.com
We found an all-white lark bunting in the National Grassland. I saw it in flight from about 30-40 yds. Behavior and size were consistent with lark bunting, and it was associated with several other lark buntings. I did not see any dark feathers either from above or below, and did not see the eyes. I lost it when it landed in the grass.  It was about 1/2 mile south from Birding trail stop #9 on public land.  Maybe someone else will spot it. FWIW, we also saw a burrowing owl across the road from stop #12.  Finally, as of now, CR 77 north of Rt 14 is closed to traffic, so another access route is recommended.

Have fun,
Tom Curtis

On Fri, Jun 28, 2024 at 2:20 AM <cob...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
David Suddjian <dsud...@gmail.com>: Jun 27 04:20PM -0600

This morning our DFO field trip found a Brewer's Sparrow singing on
territory at the top of Reynolds Park. It was on a south-facing slope with
open shrubland of mountain mahogany, juniper and grass, ...more