Bird Conservancy of the Rockies Chico Basin Ranch Banding Update 9/13/21

Nancy Ransom

Sep 13, 2021, 5:21:33 PM9/13/21
to Colorado Birds
Today was very slow compared to our previous banding days, with only 29 captures for the day. We had our first school groups visit today and they had an amazing time! It should also be mentioned that we captured a Veery, Ovenbird, and a Philadelphia Vireo was spotted around the Banding Station. We also had a new species for the year: Slate-colored Junco! Thank you so much to Kara L and Jennifer R who came help me volunteer and keep a handle on the school kids!

Daily captures for 9/13:
Willow Flycatcher 1
Hammond's Flycatcher 1
Wilson's Warbler 14
Orange-crowned Warbler 2
Macgillivray's Warbler 1
Slate-colored Junco 1
Swainson's Thrush 1
Gray Catbird 4
Veery 1
Ovenbird 1
Wilson's Warbler 1
Lazuli Bunting 1

We are open 6 days a week at Chico Basin Ranch (closed Sunday), usually returning from the first net run around 7am and staying open until about 11:30am, weather permitting. Thank you for your continued support!

Nancy Ransom

Bander, Chico Basin Ranch

Bird Conservancy of the Rockies