Accesați primul mesaj necitit

David Suddjian

necitită,
14 sept. 2021, 21:26:2014.09.2021
– Colorado Birds
DFO visited Gilpin County yesterday 9/13 to see what we could find. A few species were good for Gilpin as per eBird. At the cemeteries along Upper Apex Road west of Central City we saw a Western Kingbird (only Sept Gilpin occurrence in eBird), and a Sage Thrasher (only three prior eBird records, all Aug-Sept), and at Central City Reservoir there was a female Yellow-headed Blackbird (only one prior County record, form September). Fun from a county perspective. Yes, I realize there are other records that may not be in eBird, but it gives a good measure of what's up with these species.

While at the cemeteries we witnessed a spectacle of migrants. Initially and for a little while we encountered very few birds and it was pretty quiet. Then all of a sudden - there were birds. The cemetery area just south of Upper Apex Road had, as if from nowhere, hosted about 60 Mountain Bluebirds, 75 Yellow-rumped Warblers, 25 White-crowned Sparrows, 4 Vesper Sparrows and a few others.  They were coursing all over, and the white-crowneds singing a fair amount. The yellow-rumpeds more or less following the bluebirds, as they do. We strove for Gilpin weaterbirds and wound up with Mallard, Great Blue Heron, Killdeer, and Spotted Sandpiper - a Gilpin goldmine, as it goes up there.

David Suddjian
Ken Caryl Valley
Littleton, CO

Răspundeți tuturor