Bird Conservancy of the Rockies - Chatfield Banding Station, 5/14/21

Meredith McBurney

May 14, 2021, 7:59:31 PM5/14/21
to Colorado Birds
Today was similar to yesterday - a nice mix of birds but low numbers for the middle of our season.  18 new birds banded today, including 2 adult male Western Tanagers.  Here's the breakdown:

House Wren 2
Gray Catbird 1
Yellow Warbler 4
Yellow-rumped Warbler, Audubon's 2
MacGillivray's Warbler 1
Common Yellowthroat 1
Western Tanager 2
Spotted Towhee 2
Green-tailed Towhee 1
Song Sparrow 1
Lincoln's Sparrow 1

We are open six days per week (closed Tuesdays) through May 30, weather permitting. While some COVID related restrictions remain in place, there are opportunities most mornings for the public to visit, but reservations are required.  Visit https://denveraudubon.org/events/ for more information and to sign-up.  Because each hour-long session is limited to 10 people, we anticipate selling out most mornings, so register soon if you are interested!

Meredith McBurney
Bander, Chatfield Station
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies