Chico Basin Ranch Banding Station Report/Bird Conservancy of the Rockies- May 17, 2024

Chicobander

May 17, 2024, 4:44:30 PMMay 17
to Colorado Birds
Another quiet day at the banding station. MacGillivray's Warblers and Swainson Thrushes were the most common captures. A Nice male Black-headed Grosbeak and Lark Sparrow showed off for the Pikes Peak Birding and Nature Festival folks today. The Hooded Warbler must have moved on as it was not heard or observed this morning around the banding station.

13 New Banded Birds
Wilson's Warbler- 1
MacGillivray's Warbler- 4
House Wren- 1
Dusky Flycatcher- 1
Lark Sparrow-1
Swainson's Thrush- 4
Black-headed Grosbeak- 1

No recaptures today

It seems unusually warm for May to me but then I keep hearing-" That's Colorado for you!"
Have a good day! The banding station will be open tomorrow from Sunrise until @ 11 am. Sunday it will be closed and reopen on Monday morning. Stop by and share your sightings if in the area.

***Remember Chico Basin is open to a limited number of people each day during this month. Please go to the Aiken Audubon Website to register for a morning to visit. There is a daily registration fee.
Have a good weekend,

Julie Shieldcastle
Chico Basin Ranch, Bander
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies