Costa's Hummingbird update

Duane Nelson

Sep 12, 2021, 4:05:50 PM9/12/21
to Colorado Birds
Birders,

The immature male Costa's Hummingbird visiting my feeders in Las Animas,
Bent County, is still present this afternoon. Photographers with much
more talent than me have posted spectacular pictures to ebird.

Duane Nelson

Las Animas, Bent County, CO

Duane Nelson

Sep 13, 2021, 8:35:30 AM9/13/21
to Colorado Birds
Birders,

The immature male Costa's Hummingbird I've hosted at my feeders in Las
Animas (Bent County) since September 10th just put in it's first
appearance of the day. Birders are welcome to visit my yard to look for
it. No need to notify me in advance, but I will try to be here if I know
you are coming.

Duane Nelson

Las Animas CO

Duane Nelson

Sep 13, 2021, 5:54:39 PM9/13/21
to Colorado Birds
Birders,

The subadult male Costa's Hummingbird visiting feeders in my yard in Las
Animas, Bent County CO has been present more or less continuously since
sunrise this morning. Many birders have seen it today.

I will update cobirds on the status of this rare vagrant tomorrow
morning. Birders are welcome.