Sandhill Cranes over Niwot, Boulder County

Pauli Driver-Smith

Nov 21, 2022, 6:07:07 PM11/21/22
to cobirds (cobirds@googlegroups.com)
A friend of mine reported on Facebook, along with a video that a flock of Sandhill Cranes were flying over Niwot about noon today.

Isn't this late for them? I saw the video and it does appear that they are Sandhills.

Pauli Smith, Weld County, Mead
winmail.dat

Randy Fischer

Nov 22, 2022, 10:27:34 AM11/22/22
to Colorado Birds
I observed a flock of approximately 50 Sandhill Cranes fly over Fossil Creek Reservoir regional natural area (eastern Larimer County) on Sunday, November 20, at 12:30 pm.  They circled several times on the north side of the reservoir as if to land in the open farm fields, but then continued south in a broken chevron.  They circled, again, over the open lands on the south side of the reservoir for perhaps 10 minutes.  At one point they were directly overhead putting on an incredible display of sight and sound.  Then they flew off to the south southeast.  It was quite a memorable experience.

Randy Fischer, Fort Collins