Bird Conservancy of the Rockies Chico Basin Ranch Banding Update 9/14/21

Nancy Ransom

Sep 14, 2021, 6:30:39 PM9/14/21
to Colorado Birds
What an exciting day! We caught two rarities today: a Nashville Warbler and a Philadelphia Vireo. We also caught our first white-crowned sparrow the season, and boy are they definitely royalty for a reason. Another slower day with only 29 captures, but the variety made up for it for sure! Thank you to volunteers Jacquie Evans and Eric Tokuyama for doing an awesome job today!

Chico captures for 9/14:

Wilson's Warbler 14
Dusky Flycatcher 1
Nashville Warbler 1
Hammond's Flycatcher 1
Lazuli Bunting 1
Philadelphia Vireo 1
Blue Grosbeak 1
White-crowned Sparrow 1
Gray Catbird 2
Brown Thrasher 2
Ovenbird 1 (caught for the third day in a row)
Western Tanager 1
American Robin 1

We are open 6 days a week at Chico Basin Ranch (closed Sunday), usually returning from the first net run around 7am and staying open until about 11:30am, weather permitting. Thank you for your continued support!

Nancy Ransom

Bander, Chico Basin Ranch

Bird Conservancy of the Rockies