Yellow Rail Update Wed

mvjo...@gmail.com

Jul 27, 2022, 9:31:47 AM7/27/22
to Colorado Birds
My daughter has wanted to hear them so we have been out there 3 times now. Here  are the results:

Monday eve 7:00 pm:  Slight rains. Only click click was the patter of rain on the hat. No birds.
Tuesday eve 7:00 pm:  Slight breeze, overcast, no birds
Wed Morning 5:30 to 6:30 am: Overcast but no winds or rains. Took a while to hear the first...near the west barricade and about 100 feet west of there. This is a little farther west than usual. Daughter was happy to hear it loud and clear. The bird near the parking lot was silent for most of the hour...only finally vocalizing in the last 5 minutes.

John Rawinski
Monte Vista, CO