Upper Texas Coast trip with Boulder Co. Audubon

Todd Deininger

Nov 28, 2022, 5:32:01 PM11/28/22
to co-birds
This trip is offered through Boulder County Audubon's, "Interludes With Nature" series of special fundraising outings.  The monies raised are used to support scholarships for our Teen Naturalist Program.  Each year, we send 2-3 promising young naturalists to National Audubon's Hog Island Camp off the coast of Maine, where luminaries such as Kenn Kaufman and Scott Weidensaul lead seminars.

Upper Texas Coast: Migration Birding With the Best

Leaders: Bill Kaempfer and John Vanderpoel
Dates: Friday, April 14, 2022 to Saturday, April 22, 2022
Fees: $1595 per person, double occupancy, +$500 single premium ($500 deposit upon registering, balance due by January 20)
Limited to 8 people, location is birding hot spots surrounding Winnie, Texas
Registration: Please see How to Register for an Interludes Trip to register.

Join elite birders, John Vanderpoel and Bill Kaempfer, for eight nights and seven full days of birding during spring migration on the Upper Texas Coast.  We will bird all of the famous hotspots including High Island, Anahuac National Wildlife Refuge, Sabine Woods, Bolivar Peninsula, Boykin Springs (Big Thicket National Preserve), and more.

Expect to see up to 200 species including 25-30 warblers; shorebirds, waders, and rails; Brown-headed Nuthatch, Red-cockaded Woodpecker, Bachman’s, Nelson’s and Seaside Sparrows and much, much more. Questions? Email John Vanderpoel at: jvand...@peregrinevideo.co

The fee of $1595.00 (double occupancy, single premium, +$500) includes all transportation during your stay, admission fees, 8 nights of lodging, and 2 stellar leaders (who are volunteering their time!).

We gather on Friday, April 14th, after 2 p.m., at a hotel close to Bush Intercontinental Airport, “Staybridge Suites, Houston IAH Airport East” (free shuttle). On Saturday morning, April 15th, the leaders will arrive at the hotel with a 15 passenger van to begin the birding trip. Saturday evening, April 15, everyone will check into the Comfort Inn and Suites at Winnie, TX for 7 nights. EXCLUDED is airfare to Bush Intercontinental Airport and meals (other than breakfasts which are provided at the hotels). Please note, if you want to fly into Hobby Airport, you must make your own way to Staybridge Suites on Friday the 14th and then back to Hobby from Bush IAH on Saturday, April 22.

--
Todd Deininger
Longmont, CO

Latest on Flickr

"Someone who thinks logically is a nice contrast to the real world."
-- unknown

mvjo...@gmail.com

Dec 2, 2022, 7:04:55 PM12/2/22
to Colorado Birds