Joe Roller Memorial Green Big Year update

Scott Somershoe

Oct 20, 2021, 11:47:59 PM10/20/21
to Colorado Birds
All,
I'm so behind on blog posts and storytelling. It's not as if there have been a ton of great birds to chase in the last month and I've found little on my own, although the last week has been pretty awesome!  More posts coming real soon.

I've posted here about the Chestnut-collared Longspurs that I've found at Chatfield, and I found ANOTHER one today (this time in JeffCo, and my SIXTH in the west metro in 2 years). But here's a story about the birds I found a few weeks ago. Many folks got to enjoy these beauties over the subsequent week. That's what it's all about. Sharing and enjoying birds! These are stunners too. One of my favorites!

Here's just a fun story and the Joe Roller connection. It's weird how all this comes together sometimes. This is what makes this birding big year so special.

That Long-tailed Jaeger. THAT story. This is one for the record (aka crazy) books.

If you haven't pledged or donated, WHAT are you waiting for? Let's do this? We're on the verge of topping $30,000 for bird research in Colorado. And this is just from me walking and pedaling around Denver chasing birds! It's been a total blast!

In case you're wondering, I got green big year bird #267 today. You'll have to wait until I get a post up (or just check eBird alerts, or look here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BN60hkMRl_RtAZGTV1_2buQ9wgwwTXV9/view) to find out what it is :) There are some great stories from this last week.

Thanks!