Bonaparte's Gull, Barr Lake, Adams County?

rjpa...@gmail.com

Sep 16, 2021, 11:46:26 AM9/16/21
to Colorado Birds
Saw two smaller gulls at Barr Lake yesterday, fluttering flight, dipping down to the water and back, appearing white from far, far away on the boardwalk through binoculars (Barr Lake is extremely low, and the water is far from the trail).  My guess was Bonaparte's, but they were too distant to see any field marks.   Has anyone else seen them?

R.J. Pautsch
Boulder, CO

Susan Rosine

Sep 16, 2021, 4:29:25 PM9/16/21
to Colorado Birds
I saw a Sabine's Gull a few days ago on a spit out from the bird banding station, but haven't noticed any other gulls except Ring-billed and California.

Susan Rosine
Volunteer, Bird Conservancy of the Rockies
Brighton, Adams County

On Thu, Sep 16, 2021, 9:46 AM rjpa...@gmail.com <rjpa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Saw two smaller gulls at Barr Lake yesterday, fluttering flight, dipping down to the water alnd back, appearing white from far, far away on the boardwalk through binoculars (Barr Lake is extremely low, and the water is far from the trail).  My guess was Bonaparte's, but they were too distant to see any field marks.   Has anyone else seen them?

R.J. Pautsch
Boulder, CO

* All posts should be signed with the poster's full name and city. Include bird species and location in the subject line when appropriate
---
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/aabb172b-c92a-471b-b3b8-9b5dcd8ab5a9n%40googlegroups.com.