Evening Hummer study at Ken Caryl, JeffCo Friday evening 7/29

David Suddjian

Jul 28, 2022, 8:53:50 PM7/28/22
to Colorado Birds
CoBirders and lovers of hummers,

Here is a short, evening DFO field trip to my yard to study hummers:

I have nice hummer activity at my feeders now, and evening is a very pleasant time for viewing and for decent numbers (about 25 hummers are here this evening). We will expect Broad-tailed and Rufous, and hope for Calliope and Black-chinned. We'll look for good opportunities to study individuals and I'll walk us through the ID points. Lighting should be good for pictures, too. Registration and details are here.

DFO trips are free and open to all.

David Suddjian
Ken Caryl Valley
Littleton, CO